Oral Health Programs
Our Vision: Improve oral health for all communities in San Diego County through the life span.
Our Mission: Through collaborative partnerships, we will improve oral health through:
- Education to all ages,
- Professional development trainings, and
- Promotion of preventive services
- Educational Presentations range in duration to meet your needs and are on a variety of oral health topics through the lifespan.
- Professional trainings can be catered to meet the needs of your staff. Audiences include home visitors, school staff, public health nurses, and medical and dental professionals. Materials and incentive items are provided.
- Oral health screenings can be coordinated for preschools, school age children, and homeless youth.
- Preventive services such as fluoride varnish application and referrals for dental sealants can be scheduled in a variety of settings with volunteer dental professionals.
- Free or reduced-cost emergency dental care for children of families with limited resources through a network of pro-bono dentists is available for qualifying children. Referrals are taken for school age children (5 – 18) from school nurses or other medical staff.
- Resources such as brochures, materials, and referral sources for dental care are available to support you.
Webpage last updated 11/18/2019