Divorce, Annullment, Legal Separation or Termination of Domestic Partnership

Update Your Benefits

You have 60-days from the date of your qualifying event to make changes to benefits outside of open enrollment. If you are submitting documents due to a qualifying event you must submit all forms and supporting documents within 60-days of the qualifying event date.

Employees should use employee self-service to submit your benefit change request. You will be required to upload your documentation before your qualifying life event is approved. Documentation includes divorce decree, termination of domestic partnership form, and related court documents. The Benefits division will notify you when you can go back to the eBenefits system to update your elections.

Consider Changing Your Tax Withholdings.

Qualifying events may affect the amount of taxes you pay. You may wish to consult a financial counselor to discuss your situation. If you decide to change your tax withholdings, you can do so via Employee Self Service.

Update Your Beneficiaries

You can change your beneficiaries online when you update your benefit elections.

Name and Address Changes

If you change your address, be sure to update it in Employee Self Service.

If you change your name, first contact the Social Security Administration. Then, be sure the name on your payroll record matches the name registered with the Social Security Administration. Contact your departmental HR/Payroll staff to update your name.



Instructions for Adding a Life Event in PeopleSoft eBenefits

Log into eBenefits