Losing or Gaining Coverage

If you gain or lose other group health plan coverage, you may be able to make changes to your elections.

You have 60-days from the date of your qualifying event to make changes to benefits outside of open enrollment. If you are submitting documents due to a qualifying event you must submit all forms and supporting documents within 60-days of the qualifying event date.

Employees should use employee self-service to submit your benefit change request. You will be required to upload proof of gain or loss of other coverage. Examples of proof include Certificate of Group Health Coverage, proof of other group insurance or letter from a group health plan. The Benefits Division will notify you when you can go back to the eBenefits system to update your elections.

Consider changing your tax withholdings

Qualifying events may affect the amount of taxes you pay. You may wish to consult a financial counselor to discuss your situation. If you decide to change your tax withholdings, you can do so via Employee Self Service.

Update your beneficiaries

You can change your beneficiaries online when you update your benefits elections. If you do not include your registered domestic partner as your primary beneficiary, you must complete the Beneficiary form and have your registered domestic partner sign the form to acknowledge that they know they are not the primary beneficiary.



Instructions for Adding a Life Event in PeopleSoft eBenefits

Log into eBenefits