What is a Foreign Equivalency Certification (FEC) and how do I obtain one?

A foreign equivalency certification is a report by an acceptable educational credential evaluator used to establish U.S. educational equivalency of college/university-level degrees. This type of report is usually sufficient when a degree is required for employment purposes. Some positions may require GPA equivalency, a course-by-course listing, or additional information. FEC's can be obtained for a fee from credited agencies. Click here for a list of Acceptable Educational Credential Evaluators. All evaluators are members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).