Cure TB Referral Program
The Cure TB program works to prevent the spread of tuberculosis (TB)
among people who cross international borders. To reduce disease
transmission and the emergence of drug-resistant
TB, Cure TB connects people with TB to healthcare services as they
move between the United States and other countries. The program is a
collaboration between the County
of San Diego's Tuberculosis Control Program and the CDC’s Division of Global Migration
and Quarantine (DGMQ). Cure TB collaborates with health
authorities throughout the United States and around the world to link
people with TB to care at their destinations. Health departments,
healthcare providers, and others seeking help in linking patients to
ongoing TB care in other countries can refer patients to Cure
Cure TB accomplishes its community-centered goal of reducing the spread of TB by:
- Linking patients with TB to care outside the United States and coming to the United States.
- Collecting and providing high-quality clinical information to healthcare providers.
- Educating patients and motivating them for continued adherence.
- Promoting integrated care by coordinating with US and global partners.
- Determining treatment outcomes.