Emergency Medical Services
CoSD LEMSIS Has Gone Live!
The County of San Diego EMS, with the cooperation of local EMS partners, has implemented a new electronic, cloud-based data program, the CoSD Local EMS Information System (CoSD LEMSIS):
- All agencies in San Diego County are now using this new system
- Patient Care Record (PCR) is now deployed after a successful pilot program
- The prior collection system, QCS, is decommissioned and no longer available (Effective July 1, 2017)
- Agencies now must collect their data electronically in a NEMSIS-compliant format and transfer it to CoSD LEMSIS
- Resource Bridge for hospitals is live and in use by all hospitals (Effective June 28, 2017)
- All prehospital personnel credentialing is now online through the Licensing Portal found HERE
- For more information on the whole system, click HERE
County of San Diego Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is a part of the Health and Human Services Agency's (HHSA's) Medical Care Services Division. HHSA is the 'local EMS agency', or LEMSA, as defined in California law.
California's EMS Act authorizes each county to develop an EMS program and to designate a local EMS agency (LEMSA) that oversees the delivery of EMS within that geographic area:
Regulatory Agency Information
- Medical Director
- Committee Minutes & Agendas
- County Service Areas
- Education & Training
- Certification and Accreditation
- Ambulance Ordinance
- Prehospital System
- Trauma System
- California Health and Safety Code
- California Code of Regulations
When to Call
San Diego County's emergency access number for fire, police or medical emergencies is "9-1-1". At times you may not be sure whether it is appropriate to use this emergency number for medical problems.
Take Our Survey!
Please take a minute to let us know how we are doing! Thanks!