Emergency Medical Services
All Hazard Health Services Capacity Management Plan - LEVEL 3 (Partial Activation)
Search Keyword: Ambulance
County of San Diego EMS 2021- 2022 Treatment Protocols are now available
All protocol changes are effective July 1, 2021.
There are a number of significant changes, including a streamlined restructure of the cardiac management and OB/childbirth protocols, adopting push-dose epinephrine in place of dopamine, and increased options for pain management.
COVID-19 Information for EMS providers
More information from County EMS, including Frequently Asked Questions, policy updates, and guidance for EMS providers posted on this page.
EMTs WITH LAPSING CREDENTIALS:
On March 30, 2020, the Governor of the State of California issued an Executive Order that, in part, changed several credentialing regulations. Under this order, some EMS personnel credential regulations have been temporarily altered:
- The requirement for a completed skills competency verification by EMTs for renewal or reinstatement is waived for the duration of the COVID-19 declared State of Emergency.
County EMS encourages EMTs to renew now to take advantage of the
skills competency verification waiver:
- Renewing EMTs will not be required to submit a completed skills competency verification (“skill sheet”). Since this extension is tied to the State of Emergency, County EMS cannot predict the end date.
- If you have your 24 hours of CE and a BLS CPR card, you may renew now. In addition:
- Please submit this EMSA document in place of the skills sheet
Not sure what to do next? Please contact us at EMSCertifications.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov
County EMS Grantville offices have officially moved!
All County EMS Staff are working remotely. There are NO in-person services available. Please call or email with any questions.
Here is our new mailing address:
County of San Diego, EMS Agency (MS
PO Box 231309
San Diego, CA 92193-1309
The County of San Diego EMS, with the cooperation of local EMS partners, has implemented a new electronic, cloud-based data program, the CoSD Local EMS Information System (CoSD LEMSIS):
EMS Reference Materials
Designated specialty facilities:
Regulatory Agency Information
- Medical Director
- Committee Minutes & Agendas
- County Service Areas
- Education & Training
- Certification and Accreditation
- Ambulance Ordinance
- Prehospital System
- Trauma System
- California Health and Safety Code
- California Code of Regulations
- About LEMSA