- Understanding fentanyl, (County of San Diego, Behavioral Health Services)
- What are fentanyl test strips and how to use them
To get fentanyl test strips, connect with your local Syringe Service Program. See below for a list of Syringe Service Programs.
Syringe Service Programs (SSPs) in San Diego
On Point (Harm Reduction Coalition of San Diego)
Phone: 1-888-NARCAN-01 (1-888-627-2260)
Hours (phone line): Monday-Saturday, 8 AM - 9 PM
Safe Point San Diego (Family Health Centers of SD)
Address: Imperial Ave and 16th Street
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 PM - 9 PM
Address: North Park way and 31st Street
Hours: Fridays, 11 AM - 1 PM
- Call 2-1-1 to speak to a representative who will help connect you to services and resources near you.
- Call or chat on their website to connect with a counselor.
- Find local substance use disorder prevention programs and treatment services.
- Learn about substances and find resources for substance use disorder in San Diego.
- Learn about opioids, stages of addiction, stages of overdose, and local resources.
- Find local treatment resources, toolkits for parents and healthcare providers, as well as local overdose statistics.
- How to talk about fentanyl to young people and other resources for parents and caregivers.