|Bernadette Javate - Manager, Auditor & Controller|
|5530 Overland Avenue, Suite 410, San Diego, CA 92123||Email: CentralPayroll@sdcounty.ca.gov|
|Phone: (858) 694-2051 | Fax: (858) 694-2052 | MS O-68||Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
>> About Us
To provide timely, accurate payments, and quality customer service to employees, representatives of outside agencies and members of the public with courtesy and respect while complying with County, State and Federal payroll and tax regulations, and to furnish accurate and comprehensive cost data in support of the County’s management and budget processes.
Central Payroll Administration (CPA) is a dedicated team of professionals responsible for producing accurate and timely biweekly paychecks and related payments for over 18,000 employees in our payroll system, which includes the entire County of San Diego, Superior Court, San Diego County Retirement Association, Local Agency Formation Commission, and San Dieguito River Valley (JPA). CPA also provides essential labor cost information to various users within the County’s financial and management communities.
Payroll functions include the following:
- Manage the KRONOS Time Keeping System and PeopleSoft Payroll/HRMS.
- Calculate and process employees’ biweekly pay in conjunction with departmental payroll and human resources staff.
- Provide employees with accurate online pay advices and warrants.
- Review and audit employee time records and process corrections as necessary.
- Process and remit payroll taxes, garnishments, union dues, long-term disability payments, CECO/United Way deductions, parking deductions, and other voluntary/involuntary deductions.
- Process taxable and non-taxable reimbursements, such as Auto Allowance, Transit (Bus Pass, Trolley, and Parking), and Mileage.
- Process Employee Fringe Benefits, such as Employer provided County Vehicle & Fuel, Employee Awards, and Prizes.
- Process and transfer deferred compensation, retirement, and benefit deductions.
- Administer the County’s Catastrophic Leave program and SDI Integration.
- Prepare and file quarterly and annual Federal & State payroll tax reports, including Forms W-2, and filing subsequent adjustments as needed.
- Reconcile biweekly payroll data and maintain accurate payroll records.
- Ensure compliance with all County, State and Federal regulations.
- Provide labor cost data to the County’s financial reporting system.
- Serve as a payroll information resource for departmental payroll and human resources staff.
- Respond to public information requests promptly and courteously while maintaining confidentiality of employees’ personal data.
- Provide responsive, high quality customer service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies, and members of the public.
DISCLAIMER: The following information is provided to you as a matter of convenience and speaks as of the end of the last period to which they relate. There may have been changes in the financial condition or affairs of the County of San Diego since then, the County of San Diego has not undertaken to update the financial statements, or such other documents.