Child Care Services (Early Care and Education)
Welcome to the Child Care Services ( Early Care and Education) sector support page! We are here to offer support and information to families with children ages birth to 5 years of age and Early Care and Education Providers (i.e. Center Based and Family Child Care Homes) This website is intended to promote resources that will support the work that you do. If you have questions, comments, or would like to see something add to this website, please e-mail us at: COVID-EarlyCare@sdcounty.ca.gov
Vaccinations for Childcare Providers
The Education Sector will be eligible for vaccination in San Diego County on Saturday, February 27th. Additional information will be shared later this week and will be posted on www.coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine. Childcare staff may schedule a vaccination through the county website beginning Saturday, February 27th
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
- Handouts and Guidance
- Childcare providers (i.e. Family, Friend and Neighbor, Family Child Care, Center based, Home visitors) and staff in educational support services and administration
- Other workers involved in child and/or student care, food service, transportation, maintenance, etc.
- Third-party contractors and volunteers regularly engaged in work with children
Scheduling Your Vaccination Appointment
- Healthcare Provider: If you have a doctor or are enrolled with a local healthcare system, please work with them to schedule an appointment. Many providers are notifying their patients directly with next steps to receive the COVID-19 vaccine based on federal and state guidance.
- County Locations: If you are unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine from a healthcare provider, the County of San Diego and its partners are offering vaccinations to individuals in eligible priority groups. Appointment information for County vaccination super stations and PODs is available online at www.VaccinationSuperStationSD.com.
Transportation to Your appointment:
- MTS & NCTD are offering free rides for everyone in the region who needs a lift to their vaccine appointment. Ride any bus, trolley, SPRINTER or COASTER for free with proof of vaccine appointment
RESOURCES FOR PROVIDERS AND
Title CA Child Care Resource & Referral Survey
Are you a parent in California with children under 12? Take this survey about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted families’ child care arrangements and preferences through this link!