Healthcare Professional Immunization Resources
The San Diego Immunization Coalition (SDIC) is a community coalition that collaborates with many immunization partners throughout San Diego County. The mission of SDIC is to increase immunization rates and improve the health of the residents of San Diego County by raising awareness and providing education about vaccine-preventable diseases. To learn more about the organizational support, activities, and trainings provided by SDIC and to join their mailing list, visit the SDIC website.
The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program helps families by providing vaccines at no cost to providers who serve eligible children from birth through 18 years of age. The VFC Program has earned high marks from California doctors for making it easy to provide high-quality care to their patients.
CDC contracts with vaccine manufacturers to buy vaccines at reduced rates. Enrolled providers order federally funded vaccines through their state VFC Program and receive routine vaccines (including influenza) at no cost.
For providers that want to enroll as a VFC provider, visit the VFC Becoming a VFC Provider webpage.
Current immunization recommendations are provided by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Below are resources to determine eligibility for immunization with related screening questionnaires and immunization schedules.
- General Recommendations
- Children and Adolescents
- Adults and Pregnant Women
- Suggestions to Improve Your Immunization Services | immunize.org
- Vaccine Conversations | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Improving Vaccine Confidence: An Educational Series | American Academy of Family Physicians
LOCAL—County of San Diego (COSD)
- 211 San Diego
- California Health Alert Network (CAHAN) San Diego
- Healthcare Personnel Flu Mandate
- Immunization Materials
- Monkeypox (MPOX)
- San Diego Immunization Coalition (SDIC)
- State-Funded Influenza Vaccine Program
- Subscribe to the Respiratory Virus Surveillance
- Travel Vaccines
STATE—California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Immunization Coalition
- California Immunization Registry (CAIR2)
- Vaccine for Children Program (VFC)
- Immunization Branch
- Shots for School
NATIONAL—Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Vaccine Recommendations and Guidelines
- Hepatitis Branch
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
- Vaccines and Immunizations
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Immunization Registry Association
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- National Foundation for Infectious Disease
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Nurse Training on Immunization Project
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
For more information or to request
contact the San Diego Immunization Unit via e-mail or call us at (866) 358-2966.