Note (updated May 11, 2023): This webpage is no longer current and is for historical purposes only.
See www.coronavirus-sd.com for the latest information.
COVID-19 by Race and Ethnicity
As COVID-19 continues to spread in our community, we are seeing trends among certain groups disproportionately affected by COVID-19. The County of San Diego is committed to understanding more about the factors that are contributing to this disproportionality so we can ensure better health outcomes for all San Diegans.
Demographic Data of San Diego County COVID-19 Cases
Geographic and Other Breakdowns
- COVID-19 Dashboard by HHSA Region
- Summary of Public Health Room Guests by Race/Ethnicity (This report will be discontinued as of March 23, 2022)
San Diego County Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Weekly
Surveillance Report which includes data on race and ethnicity.
(Updated every Tuesday)
COVID-19 Health Equity Slide Deck—Update on COVID-19 Health Equity in San Diego County, updated every 6 months.
COVID-19 Vaccination Strategies to Advance Health Equity in San Diego County–Report outlining how COVID-19 case data was used to inform vaccination strategy in San Diego County, issued in May 2022.
County of San Diego Healthy Places Indexes—Color coded maps that reflect which census tracts have the most health opportunities and which ones have the least health opportunities, indicated by a range in color from dark green (= More Healthy) to dark blue (= Less Healthy).
California Department of Public Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC COVID Data Tracker—Demographic Trends of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in the US Reported to CDC
- COVID-19 Response Health Equity Strategy: Accelerating Progress Towards Reducing COVID-19 Disparities and Achieving Health Equity
- Health Equity—Promoting Fair Access to Health
- Health Equity Considerations and Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups