North Coastal and North Inland Administration
HealthLink North County
Healthlink North County meetings have been postponed until further notice.
Please email HHSA.firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the email distribution list to receive any future updates.
Support for Schools During COVID-19
- Please visit Coronavirus-sd.com/K12Schools for updates and resources
- Join our weekly telebriefings for schools on Tuesdays 10am – 11am
- Sign up to receive COVID-19 School Emails
- Email COVID-Education@sdcounty.ca.gov if you have any questions or need help finding resources
Support is also available for Community Organizations and Health Professionals. See the full list of COVID-19 sector support pages.
For more information send an email.
A school-health focused public/private partnership to improve health and education outcomes for North San Diego County's school children. Partners include school nurses, school wellness coordinators, community clinics, mental health providers, local and countywide community-based programs, public health nurses and County Health and Human Services Agency staff.
HealthLink North County activities include bi-monthly meetings featuring informational presentations, opportunities for networking and resource sharing, and an email communication list of over 300 partners. For more information please download the program information and contact sheet.
Email Information Sharing
HealthLink North County participants receive communication by email of important resources, services, upcoming events and other relevant school-health related information. Emails are sent monthly and often include attached flyers and other documents as well as links to on-line information. To share resources or to inquire about HealthLink North County, please email HHSA.email@example.com.
HealthLink North County meetings are held during the school year on the 4th Tuesday of every other month from 8:30 - 10:00am at the North County Regional Education Center (255 Pico Ave., San Marcos).
2020 HealthLink North County Meeting Schedule
HealthLink Public Health Nursing
HealthLink North County also has a Public Health Nursing component. Two dedicated nurses work with North County schools and districts to address health and wellness issues interfering with school attendance or performance.
Campus Community Connect Information Guide – the purpose of the Campus Community Connect model is to collaborate with school districts in North County San Diego to connect district staff, County staff, and community organizations in order to bridge the communication and service gap between schools and the community. This guide provides information about Campus Community Connect and how to implement the model.
Tools for Schools Toolkit – this toolkit equips school districts and individual schools with the tools and best practices to implement programs aimed at reducing childhood obesity and creating healthier school environments for all students. It highlights innovative and practical programs for school policy makers and other key stakeholders to adopt and tailor to meet the needs of their unique student population and community.
BMI Toolkit – Chula Vista Elementary School District revamped its school wellness policies in 2007 to provide more nutritious school lunches and increase physical activity. They began monitoring and tracking progress in 2010 by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI), a metric for obesity, of more than 24,000 K-sixth grade students. They measured again in 2012 and 2014 and found a 5% reduction in unhealthy weight and a 5% increase into the normal weight range over the four-year period. Developed in 2013, the BMI Toolkit includes measurement tools and worksheets to help create healthier school environments.
"Nutrition to Grow On" Curriculum
Nutrition to Grow On: A Garden-Enhanced Nutrition Education Curriculum for Upper Elementary School Children, created by the California Department of Education, is an innovative curriculum for grades 4 – 6 that offers teachers a direct link between the school garden and nutrition education. The curriculum can be utilized during the school day and/or in after-school programs. Click here to download the curriculum directly from the California Department of Education website.
HealthLink North County has numerous partners who provide valuable resources, materials and information to school health professionals and those who work with school-age children. Some valuable links to those partners include:
Health and Human Services Agency Programs
- County Health and Human Services Agency
Live Well San Diego – Best Practices for
- Live Well San Diego is the County of San Diego’s vision to improve the health, safety and well-being for all residents. This vision can only be accomplished through collaboration with partners in every sector.
- For information about becoming a Live Well San Diego partner, click here.
- Current North County Live Well San Diego School
- Bella Mente Montessori Academy
- Bonsall Unified School District
- Borrego Springs Unified School District
- Cardiff School District
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Del Mar Union School District
- Encinitas Union School District
- Escondido Union School District
- Escondido Union High School District
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Julian Union School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Oceanside Unified School District
- Ramona Unified School District
- San Dieguito Union High School District
- San Marcos Unified School District
- San Pasqual Union School District
- Solana Beach School District
- Spencer Valley Elementary School District
- The Classical Academies
- Vista Unified School District
- Warner Unified School District
Child Welfare Services
- Child Abuse Hotline: 800-344-6000
- HHSA Children's Services
- Domestic Violence: DV Hotline 1-88-DVLINKS (1-888-385-4657)
Family Resource Center
Public Health Center
HHSA Regional Contact Sheets
For Health and Human Services Agency contact information for North County Regions, please click on the following:
For more information send us an email.