Project-Based Vouchers (PBV)
When there is funding available for Project-Based Voucher (PBV) developments, we will advertise the request for applications on our website, in the news media and with our industry partner organizations using the NOFA process.
When we review these proposals, we will be looking for projects that contribute to the geographic distribution of affordable housing, promote deconcentration of poverty and further fair housing objectives and projects that have local community support.
- These projects serve special needs populations and have corresponding supportive services.
- Renters' vouchers are distributed in limited numbers based on available funding.
- These projects may be owned by individuals, companies, nonprofits or the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego (HACSD).
- Existing PBVs are located in the Pine View apartments in Fallbrook and Vista Terrace developments in Vista.
Ramona PBV Waiting List
On December 18, 2018, the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego opened a Project Based Voucher Waiting List for the Schmale Family Senior Residence, located at 430 16th Street in Ramona CA. The Project-Based Voucher program (PBV) allows rental assistance to be attached to a specific unit and/or development.
The Schmale Family Senior Residence is an affordable housing complex, which is currently under construction and will include 61 Project Based Voucher (PBV) assisted units for persons 62 years of age or older. If you are interested in applying to the Ramona PBV Schmale Family Senior Residence waitlist please apply online or contact (858) 694-4801. For more information on this development, please visit Chelsea Investment Corporation.
We expect a high number of applications to be submitted upon opening the Ramona Senior PBV waiting list on December 18, 2018. As a result, wait times to submit applications by phone, in-person and online may be long and select options for submitting an application may become temporarily unavailable. Accordingly, you are encouraged to utilize any available option for submitting an application including:
- By calling (858) 694-4801 or toll free (877) 478-5478
- In person at:
3989 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123