Landlords - An Overview
Housing Choice Voucher video; HCV Program: Basics, Benefits, and Ways to Participate
There are several benefits for landlords, including:
- With rental assistance tenants, you will receive a steady check via direct deposit that covers most of the rent each month.
- We also help you keep your rental units in good shape.
- We provide a newsletter twice each year to keep you up to date on our programs.
- Special incentives may be available to landlords who rent to homeless Veterans
- Additional incentives may be available to landlords who rent to homeless individuals and families.
New, Enhanced Landlord Incentive Program Extended! Available Now!
The County of San Diego, Housing and Community Development Services (HCDS) has launched a new, enhanced Landlord Incentive Program (LIP) available for a limited time only. These increased incentives are available to landlords executing new leases with County of San Diego voucher holders participating in applicable special programs.
This new, robust package of incentives includes:
- LEASING BONUS: Landlords may receive up to $2500 for each unit newly leased to a person experiencing homelessness.
- APPLICATION EXPENSES: Financial Assistance of up to $50 may be paid directly to landlords to cover application costs, such as a credit report and application fees.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT ASSISTANCE: Receive up to two months’ rent security deposit.
- HOLDING FEES: May be available for eligible participants.
- LANDLORD LIAISON: Valued landlord partners receive personal customer service staff member.
*Subject to funding availability. The Enhanced Landlord Incentive Program (LIP) may close at any time.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call (858) 694-4801.
At the County of San Diego Housing and Community Development Services, we administer several housing assistance programs that help low-income people find safe, healthy housing. These programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other federal, state and local agencies.
For more information about being a rental assistance landlord, see the Landlord Handbook.
For more information on our rental assistance programs, please visit Rental Assistance Options.
Landlords with questions, issues, or concerns please email: HCDS_LandlordLiaison.HHSA@sdcounty.ca.gov
Does your property qualify for the program?
Call (858) 694-4801 or toll free (877) 478-LIST to find out.
There are six housing authorities within the San Diego region.
To know which jurisdiction your property is in, please see: Housing Authority of the County of San Diego Areas Served.
Listing a Rental Unit
If you are interested in listing a rental unit, add your property here
Landlord Webinar 02/24/2022:
Landlord Webinar Fair Housing PowerPoint: Legal Aid - Fair Housing Law Webinar Presentation
If you suspect an HCV participant is violating any program rules, you may contact our Program Review staff at 1-800-421-2252 to discuss the suspected fraud, send an email or visit Report Fraud. All information will be kept confidential.
Do you have more questions about renting to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing tenants? You may find an answer on Frequently Asked Questions for Landlords