Landlords - An Overview
There are several benefits for landlords, including:
- With rental assistance tenants, you will receive a steady check via direct deposit that covers most of the rent each month.
- We also help you keep your rental units in good shape.
- We provide a newsletter twice each year to keep you up to date on our programs.
- Special incentives may be available to landlords who rent to homeless Veterans
- Additional incentives may be available to landlords who rent to homeless individuals and families.
At the County of San Diego Housing and Community Development Services, we administer several housing assistance programs that help low-income people find safe, healthy housing. These programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other federal, state and local agencies.
For more information about being a rental assistance landlord, see the Landlord Handbook.
For more information on our rental assistance programs, please visit Rental Assistance Options.
Does your property qualify for the program?
Call (858) 694-4801 or toll free (877) 478-LIST to find out.
There are six housing authorities within the San Diego region.
To know which jurisdiction your property is in, please see: Housing Authority of the County of San Diego Areas Served.
Listing a Rental Unit
If you are interested in listing a rental unit, add your property here
If you suspect an HCV participant is violating any program rules, you may contact our Program Review staff at (858) 694-4832 to discuss the suspected fraud, send an email or visit Report Fraud. All information will be kept confidential.
Do you have more questions about renting to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing tenants? You may find an answer on Frequently Asked Questions for Landlords