Comment at Board of Supervisors Meetings
There are many ways you can voice your opinion to the San Diego County Board of Supervisors regarding items being discussed at their meetings. There are three ways to do that:
Comment In Person
Board meetings are held in the Board Chamber (Room 310) of the County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92101.
- If you want to speak at the meeting, you need to fill out a Request to Speak form. Forms are available outside Room 310 and in the Chamber. Write in the information and give it to the Deputy Clerk. You will need a form for each item you want to speak on.
- You need to turn in the form before public comment on that item begins. You can only turn in a form for yourself to speak. You cannot turn in a form for someone else.
- The Clerk of the Board will call your name when it is your turn to speak. You will have two minutes. You cannot give your time to someone else.
You can also use your Request to Speak form to write an opinion and not speak.
See detailed information on attending Board meetings.
Comment On the Phone
You can call in comments during a meeting.
- Fill out a tele-comments form. You need to submit the form before public comment on that item begins. After you submit the form, you’ll get instructions on how to call in to the meeting.
- Watch or listen to the meeting.
- When the Board begins to discuss the item you want to comment on, call the phone number from the instructions. Turn off your TV or live stream. You’ll continue to hear the Board meeting on the phone.
- When it is your turn, you will hear a message. Begin speaking after the beep.
- You will have two minutes to speak. You can hang up when you’re done.
You can give your opinion on upcoming agenda items online through a service called eComment. You can add comments from the time agendas are posted, usually the Wednesday before the meeting, until the board meeting starts.
Visit the eComment page and look under Upcoming Meetings. Click on the eComment link next to the agenda you want. In the agenda, find the item you want and click on the Comment button.