Public Hearing Notices
Below is a list of the current and recent Public Hearing Notices for Board of Supervisors meetings.
Please visit the Board of Supervisors Meeting Agendas page for confirmed items on an upcoming agenda.
NOTICE OF HEARING
SAN DIEGO COUNTY FIRE AUTHORITY CSA 135
FORMER JULIAN CUYAMACA FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego, acting as the governing body of County Service Area 135 has adopted by Ordinance a procedure, pursuant to Section 53978 of the Government Code, for fixing and collecting of a special tax for fire protection services for which levies are imposed within CSA 135 Julian-Cuyamaca and become due August 10, 2019.
The Board has determined that such charges shall be collected on the tax roll for Fiscal Year 2019-20 in the same manner and at the same time as other County taxes are collected. The Board has caused to be prepared and filed with the Office of San Diego Fire Authority on behalf of the Clerk of the Board reports containing a description of each parcel of real property receiving such services from San Diego County Fire Authority for said fiscal year computed in conformity with the procedure set forth in said Ordinance, as modified by any Resolution fixing charges pursuant to said Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on the 6th day of August 2019, at 9 a.m. in Room 310, County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego California, the Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the report. At the hearing, any interested person may appear and object or protest. The levy set forth in the report, as confirmed, shall appear as a separate item on the tax bill.
For further particulars, reference is made to said report, which is on file at the County Operations Center, 5510 Overland Avenue – Suite 250, San Diego, California. For information concerning your levy, please contact Susan Quasarano of San Diego County Fire Authority at (858) 974-5924.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ADOPTION OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST CODES
Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held on August 6, 2019 at 9:00 a.m., 1600 Pacific Highway, Room 310, San Diego, California, 92101. Pursuant to the Political Reform Act of 1974, Title 9, Sections 81000 et seq., of the California Government Code, and Title 2, Division 6 of the California Code of Regulations, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors intends to consider approval of the amendments to the Conflict of Interest Codes for Fallbrook Public Utility District and Rainbow Municipal Water District.
Positions of the aforementioned agencies designated to file Statements of Economic Interests pursuant to these Codes will be incorporated into the Appendix of said proposed Codes.
The copies of the proposed Codes and the list of designated employees are available for inspection at 1600 Pacific Highway, Room 402, San Diego, CA 92101.
Resolution No. 19-083
Meeting Date: 06/25/19 (09)
RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO SELL REAL PROPERTY AND NOTICE INVITING BIDS FOR COUNTY PARCEL NUMBER 2017-0126-A
WHEREAS, the County of San Diego is authorized to sell real property pursuant to the procedures presented in County Administrative Code Section 73.2 and Government Code Section 25526 et seq.; and
WHEREAS, the County of San Diego wishes to sell the following real property;
BE IT RESOLVED AS FOLLOWS:
1. This Board of Supervisors declares its intention to sell, as is, where is, under the terms and conditions set forth in this Resolution of Intention, the following described real property, no longer necessary for County use situated in the County of San Diego, State of California as follows:
2. The property consists of approximately 1.32 acres of land and improvements located at 5425 Dehesa Road, El Cajon, California identified as County Parcel Number 2017-0126-A. The property is further identified as County Assessor’s Parcel Number 513-072-20.
3. This Board of Supervisors further finds that the proposed sale of the property is not subject to the State of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as it is categorically exempt under Article 19, Section 15312 of the CEQA Guidelines.
4. The minimum bid and minimum purchase price for the property shall be $75,000.
5. The selected bidder shall execute the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the property with the County of San Diego within five (5) business days of the approval of the sale by the Board of Supervisors. The opening of escrow for the property shall occur within ten (10) business days following the full execution of the Purchase and Sale Agreement. The instructions for the escrow for the sale of the property will be based upon the terms and conditions specified in this Resolution and the Purchase and Sale Agreement. The selected high bidder shall pay all normal costs of the escrow for the property, including recording fees, transfer tax, documentary stamp taxes, government conveyance fees, title insurance, and all other title and escrow fees and charges. The County shall not pay any expenses other than specifically outlined in the Purchase and Sale Agreement. The County will convey its right, title, and interest in the property described in this Resolution by quitclaim deed. The County assumes no liability for any other possible encumbrances either of record or not of record. The property is being sold as-is and the County makes no warranties regarding the property being suitable for the buyer’s proposed use or development.
5. A deposit of $1,500 (“Bid Deposit”) is required of all bidders and shall be included in the sealed bid envelope for a written bid or submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors for an oral bid if that bidder has not submitted a Bid Deposit with a written bid. The Bid Deposit must be in the form of a cashier’s check and serves as a guarantee that the selected high bidder will pay the purchase price and complete the transaction. All checks shall be made payable to the County of San Diego. Upon Board of Supervisors approval of the selected high bidder, all Bid Deposit checks of the unsuccessful bidders shall be returned as soon as practicable after the Board of Supervisors hearing has ended. At the opening of escrow, the selected bidder shall deposit the higher of $2,250 or 3.0% of the purchase price into escrow as its good faith deposit. The deposit shall consist of the Bid Deposit of $1,500 plus the additional sums necessary to increase the deposit to the higher of $2,250 or 3.0% of the purchase price. The selected bidder shall have up to ninety (90) days to close escrow. The deposit shall be applied to the purchase price at the close of escrow or paid to the County as liquidated damages if escrow does not close and the sale is cancelled.
6. The terms and conditions of sale are further set forth in the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the property, which is on file at the following address:
County of San Diego
Department of General Services
Attention: Deputy Director, Real Estate Services Division
5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 410
San Diego, California 92123
A copy of the Purchase and Sale Agreement may be obtained at the above address.
7. The property being offered for sale shall be open for inspection by appointment only. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the County’s Real Estate Services Division at 858-694-2314 or 858-694-2291.
8. The County shall not pay a real estate commission.
9. Sealed written bids for the property will be received at the following address:
County of San Diego
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
RE: 5425 Dehesa Road APN 513-072-20 Bid Opening – August 6, 2019
County Administration Center
1600 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California 92101
Sealed bids for the property will be received until 9:00 a.m. on August 6, 2019, at which time they will be publicly opened, examined and declared by the County’s Board of Supervisors, at its regular meeting place, in its chambers in Room 310 at the County Administration Center.
10. If two or more conforming written bids are received for the same purchase price, preference shall be given to the earliest of the written bids received.
11. Any time before the time scheduled for the formal bid opening, a bidder, upon proper application and identification to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, shall have the right to withdraw their bid.
12. A written bid may not be withdrawn after the time set for the bid opening without the approval of the Board of Supervisors.
13. After the bid opening, examination, and declaration of written bids, the Chair of the Board of Supervisors will invite responsible bidders to make bids orally. The first oral bid must be at least one hundred five percent (105%) of the highest written bid submitted or must be for the minimum bid amount, whichever is higher. Each oral bidder must deposit or have deposited with the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors the required Bid Deposit prior to making an oral bid. The Board of Supervisors reserves the right to set specific minimum incremental bid amounts during oral bidding to expedite the proceedings.
14. The Board of Supervisors reserves the right to reject all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding process.
15. The Director, Department of General Services, is hereby authorized to perform all necessary actions to complete the sale of the property, including the execution of the Purchase and Sale Agreement for the property, escrow instructions, and the quitclaim deed.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors is hereby directed to post and publish the Resolution of Intention to sell Real Property and Notice inviting Bids for County Parcel Number 2017-0126-A, in accordance with Section 73.2 of the Administrative Code of the County of San Diego and pursuant to Section 25528 of the Government Code.
NOTICE OF INTENTION TO
PURCHASE REAL PROPERTY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that it is the intention of the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego to purchase on behalf of said County the following described real property located in the County of San Diego, State of California, from the named vendor at the designated price.
PROPERTY: Approximately 160 acres of open space located east of State Route 67 near Poway Road.
Assessor's Parcel Nos. 322-021-04 and 322-021-05
VENDOR: Poway Iron Mountain Estates, LLC
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that said Board will meet to consummate this purchase in its Chambers, Room 310, San Diego County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California on August 7, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego will conduct a public hearing on a County initiated General Plan Amendment as follows:
Date: August 7, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway, Room 310, San Diego, California 92101
APPLICANT: County of San Diego
PROJECT/CASE NUMBERS: Zoning Ordinance Update for Small Cell Wireless Facilities (PDS2019-POD-19-003)
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: This is a request for the Board of Supervisors to evaluate the proposed Zoning Ordinance Update for new regulations of Small Cell Wireless Facilities (Zoning Ordinance Update). The proposed update includes changes to the Wireless Telecommunication Facilities Zoning Ordinance section. The amendments to the Zoning Ordinance include changes to definitions, development standards, compliance and monitoring standards, application requirements, and application processing.
LOCATION: All Districts.
ENVIRONMENTAL STATUS: No substantial changes are proposed in the project and no substantial changes in the circumstances under which the project will be undertaken that will requires revisions to the previous EIR due to the involvement of significant new environmental effects or a substantial increase in the severity of previously identified significant effects. There is no "new information of substantial importance" as that term is used in CEQA Guidelines Section 15162(a)(3). The previously certified Program EIR (August 2011) and Addendum dated January 30, 2019 can be relied on without modification.
GENERAL INFORMATION: This public hearing is accessible to individuals with disabilities. If interpreter services for the hearing impaired are needed, please call the hearing secretary at (858) 694-3816, or California Relay Service, if notifying by TDD, no later than seven days prior to the date of the hearing.
NOTE: If you challenge the action which may be taken on this proposal in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the above public hearing, or in written correspondence delivered to the Hearing Body at or before the hearing. Rules of the Hearing Body may limit or impose requirements upon the submittal of such written correspondence.
For additional information, please contact Tara Lieberman, at (858) 495-5466 or by e-mail at PDS.AdvancePlanning@sdcounty.ca.gov.