The San Diego County Probation Department recognizes the important contributions made by volunteers. We offer responsible citizens the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of important assignments throughout San Diego County through the Volunteers In Probation Program.
Volunteers In Probation (VIP), Inc., is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the State of California. VIP's mission is to provide assistance to probationers, at-risk youth and their families through community partnerships and fundraising.
VIP also provides volunteer opportunities for people who recognize the value of public service for their community. VIPs serve in a variety of capacities including:
- Case aides
- Staff assistants
- Instructors and tutors
- Administrative assistants
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and religious volunteers
Criteria: Volunteers must meet minimum requirements including, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 18 years old
- No active probation or parole status of any kind
- No felony convictions or history of violent crime
- Possess a valid driver's license and auto insurance or California I.D.
- No outstanding motor vehicle warrants
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours monthly for six months, during Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM