The San Diego County Probation Department recognizes the important contributions made by volunteers. We offer responsible citizens the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of important assignments throughout San Diego County through the Volunteers In Probation Program.
Volunteers In Probation (VIP), Inc., is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the State of California. VIP's mission is to provide assistance to probationers, at-risk youth and their families through community partnerships and fundraising. For more information please visit the website.
VIP also provides volunteer opportunities for people who recognize the value of public service for their community. VIPs serve in a variety of capacities including:
- Case aides
- Staff assistants
- Instructors and tutors
- Administrative assistants
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and religious volunteers
Criteria: Volunteers must meet minimum requirements including, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 18 years old
- No active probation or parole status of any kind
- No felony convictions or history of violent crime
- Possess a valid driver's license and auto insurance or California I.D.
- No outstanding motor vehicle warrants
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours monthly for six months, during Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM