Community Transition Center
Want to have a chance to . . .
... get back to San Diego
at no cost to you?
... shower, change and eat when you first get back?
... have a place to rest your head if you don’t have
one lined up?
... get your first probation appointment out of the way?
... make a positive change in your life?
... transition with resources and a plan for
The Community Transition Center (CTC) along with The Lighthouse residential treatment community is located in Loma Portal San Diego and provides a smooth re-entry for male and female inmates released from state prison to post release community supervision (PRCS).
The CTC was developed through the San Diego County Community Corrections Partnership (CCP), a collaboration of the Probation Department, District Attorney (DA), Public Defender, and Health and Human Services (HHSA) agencies, under the leadership of former Probation Chief Mack Jenkins.
- If you decide to stay at the CTC you’ll participate in programming at The Lighthouse such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
- Relapse / Criminality prevention
- Anger management
- Life skills classes
- Vocational pre-employment development resources
- Parenting skills
- Medical Insurance assistance
- What will happen at the CTC?
- You’ll meet with a PO and complete your 2-day/48-hour reporting requirement. They’ll go over your plans with you, explain your release conditions.
- Answer questions, and get you in touch with your supervision PO.
- You’ll meet with the Behavioral Health team who will do assessments of your drug, alcohol, physical and mental health needs.
- You'll also have the opportunity to meet with a nurse and a social worker who can help you sign up for Medi-Cal.
- CTC staff will meet with you to get your input on goals, priorities and needs and create a case plan. We’ll make referrals right then and there.
- The process takes about 3-4 hours and you will be driven home from the CTC unless you are staying.
- We provide short term structured housing / hygiene / meals / and brand-new clothing while awaiting alternative housing / treatment placement.
- What kinds of referrals do you provide at the CTC?
- Substance abuse treatment
- Job readiness and vocational training
- Education and literacy
- Medical and dental
- Felony friendly employers
- Counseling and therapy
- How will I get there?
A driver will pick you up at the gate and provide same-day transportation to the CTC. If this includes flying you will be driven to the airport and a plane ticket will be provided to San Diego where a CTC driver will pick you up. There is no cost to you.
- Do I have to go to the CTC?
Yes. It is a condition of release for San Diego County.
- Why should I get in the car?
You’ll get to San Diego faster and by the time you’ve left you’ll be done with your initial reporting, as well as you will have a plan for success. You will also be in compliance with your supervision.
- What if I don’t go to the CTC?
You will be in violation and may be flash incarcerated for up to ten days.
- What if I’m released without release conditions or nobody is there to pick me up?
Call 619-235-0110 or 619-235-0130. The address of the CTC is 3880 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110
- What’s the CTC exit process?
- CTC staff will drive you home ,if you have an approved place to stay.
- CTC staff will drive you to a residential treatment program if you need it.
- You’ll have the option of staying at the transitional housing at the CTC while waiting for a treatment program or housing.
Additional services may be available from: