Community Transition Center
Want to have a chance to . . .
... get back to San Diego
at no cost to you?
... shower, change and eat when you first get back?
... have a place to rest your head if you don’t have
one lined up?
... get your first probation appointment out of the way?
... make a positive change in your life?
... transition with resources and a plan for
The Community Transition Center (CTC) along with The Lighthouse residential treatment community is located in Loma Portal San Diego and provides a smooth re-entry for male and female inmates released from state prison to post release community supervision (PRCS).
The CTC was developed through the San Diego County Community Corrections Partnership (CCP), a collaboration of the Probation Department, District Attorney (DA), Public Defender, and Health and Human Services (HHSA) agencies, under the leadership of former Probation Chief Mack Jenkins.
If you decide to stay at the CTC you’ll participate in programming at
The Lighthouse such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
- Relapse / Criminality prevention
- Anger management
- Life skills classes
- Vocational pre-employment development resources
- Parenting skills
- Medical Insurance assistance
What will happen at the CTC?
- You’ll meet with a PO and complete your 2-day/48-hour reporting requirement. They’ll go over your plans with you, explain your release conditions.
- Answer questions, and get you in touch with your supervision PO.
- You’ll meet with the Behavioral Health team who will do assessments of your drug, alcohol, physical and mental health needs.
- You'll also have the opportunity to meet with a nurse and a social worker who can help you sign up for Medi-Cal.
- CTC staff will meet with you to get your input on goals, priorities and needs and create a case plan. We’ll make referrals right then and there.
- The process takes about 3-4 hours and you will be driven home from the CTC unless you are staying.
- We provide short term structured housing / hygiene / meals / and brand-new clothing while awaiting alternative housing / treatment placement.
What kinds of referrals do you provide at the CTC?
- Substance abuse treatment
- Job readiness and vocational training
- Education and literacy
- Medical and dental
- Felony friendly employers
- Counseling and therapy
How will I get there?
A driver will pick you up at the gate and provide same-day transportation to the CTC. If this includes flying you will be driven to the airport and a plane ticket will be provided to San Diego where a CTC driver will pick you up. There is no cost to you.
Do I have to go to the CTC?
Yes. It is a condition of release for San Diego County.
Why should I get in the car?
You’ll get to San Diego faster and by the time you’ve left you’ll be done with your initial reporting, as well as you will have a plan for success. You will also be in compliance with your supervision.
What if I don’t go to the CTC?
You will be in violation and may be flash incarcerated for up to ten days.
What if I’m released without release conditions or nobody is there to
pick me up?
Call 619-235-0110 or 619-235-0130. The address of the CTC is 3880 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110
What’s the CTC exit process?
- CTC staff will drive you home ,if you have an approved place to stay.
- CTC staff will drive you to a residential treatment program if you need it.
- You’ll have the option of staying at the transitional housing at the CTC while waiting for a treatment program or housing.
Additional services may be available from: