The San Diego County CCS program has two distinct functions
- The provision of medical case management services, by a multidisciplinary team, for all medically and financially eligible children and youth with CCS-eligible conditions, and
- The provision of direct physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT) services for all children who have a Medical Therapy Program (MTP)-eligible medical condition.
The program works to identify CCS-eligible children and ensure their timely access to the highest quality medical, surgical, and ancillary clinical services available in San Diego, California.
The CCS program staff want to help physicians and other providers to obtain and utilize CCS services for their patients.
Service Authorization Request (SAR)
Click the button above to learn more about Service Authorization Request (SAR) and submitting an Electronic Service Authorization Request (eSAR). You must be registered with the State to submit via eSAR. Another option is to submit your request via fax to (858) 514-6514 using this form.
California Children’s Services does not process claims. Claims are processed by Medi-Cal Fiscal Intermediary contacted by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). The Fiscal Intermediary can be reached at 1-800-541-5555. There are prompts for different programs, please choose the option for California Children Services. The Fiscal Intermediary Representative will request the SAR number for the billing process. For more information please visit Billing Questions (ca.gov) .
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) - NEW!
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a telephone and computer-based solution that electronically verifies in-home service visits. Federal law, Subsection l of Section 1903 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396b) , requires all states to implement EVV for Medicaid-funded personal care services by January 2020 and home health care services by January 2023.
EVV solutions must verify the following six data elements:
- Type of service performed
- Individual receiving the service
- Date of the service
of service delivery
- Individual providing the
- Time the service begins and ends
For more information about EVV and CCS providers, visit the DHCS web page regarding EVV Phase II
DHCS EVV - Frequently
Provider Self-Registration Portal
- CalEVV Provider Self-Registrations Portal: Quick Reference Guide
- Step by step instructional video on how to register in CalEVV
------ Please visit DHCS’ EVV webpage for more information and meeting materials.------
Additional Provider Information
For More Information and helpful links please visit the DHCS-CCS Website and scroll all the way down to the bottom for the Provider Section.
- CMS Information
- Medi-Cal Information
- CCS Numbered Letters
- Denti-Cal web site
- CCS Provider Lists - includes approved hospitals and paneled providers
- Provider Forms
- California Children's Services Forms
- Medi-Cal RX Website- NOTE: effective January 1, 2022- Pharmacy prior authorizations and claims are NOT processed through the CCS Program. Please see the Medi-Cal RX website for information on submission of Pharmacy claims. Please view this flyer for additional information ( English/Spanish/Arabic).
San Diego County Public Health Department
California Children's Services
6160 Mission Gorge Rd, Ste 400
San Diego, CA 92120
Phone: (619) 528-4000
Fax: (858) 514-6514
We would love to know how we are doing. Please let us know in a short survey.