Reports and Statistics
HIV Reports and Statistics
For HIV/AIDS-related data please visit the HIV Epidemiology Unit's Reports and Statistics page.
Annual STD Data Slide Sets
Each slide set includes final, year-end data for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis.
STD Monthly Reports
Reports include monthly and cumulative (year-to-date) cases and rates for reportable STDs in San Diego County and an Editorial Note.
Sign up to receive monthly reports and other STD-related health alerts!
E-mail STD@sdcounty.ca.gov with “Join STD” in the subject line. Member e-mails are confidential and users may unsubscribe at any time.
- Volume 14, Issue 8: Monkeypox Cases Continue to be Reported in San Diego County
- Volume 14, Issue 7: Post-Exposure Prophylaxis for Sexually Transmitted Infections – Coming Soon?
- Volume 14, Issue 6: Outbreak of Invasive Meningococcal Disease in Men Who Have Sex with Men in Florida
Volume 14, Issue 5: Monkeypox Virus Infection in
the United States and Other Non-Endemic Countries
- Volume 14, Issue 4: New Home Testing Program Will Offer Free STI and HIV Testing in San Diego County
- Volume 14, Issue 3: STD Awareness Week
- Volume 14, Issue 2: CDC Updates HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Guidelines
- Volume 14, Issue 1: 2020 STD Surveillance Data Slides Are Available Online
- Volume 13, Issue 12: FDA Approves Injectable Cabotegravir for HIV-1 Pre-exposure Prophylaxis
- Volume 13, Issue 11: Updated Disseminated Gonococcal Infection Treatment Recommendations
- Volume 13, Issue 10: Management of Suspected Gonorrhea Treatment Failure
- Volume 13, Issue 9: Re-launch of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Home Testing Program, I Know – www.DontThinkKnow.org
- Volume 13, Issue 8: 2021 CDC STI Treatment Guidelines Highlights – Syphilis
- Volume 13, Issue 7: CDC Releases 2021 Sexually Transmitted Infections Treatment Recommendations
- Volume 13, Issue 6: Gonococcal Antimicrobial Susceptibility in San Diego County - 2019
- Volume 13, Issue 5: Recommendation for Extragenital Screening for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Volume 13, Issue 4: Final Local and National 2019 STD Surveillance Data Show Historically High Cases
- Volume 13, Issue 3: STD Awareness Week – April 11-17, 2021
- Volume 13, Issue 2: Human Papillomavirus – A Virus We Can All Beat
- Volume 13, Issue 1: Expanded Syphilis Screening Recommendations for Prevention of Congenital Syphilis
- Volume 12, Issue 12: CDC Updates Gonorrhea Treatment Guidelines
- Volume 12, Issue 11: Increasing Reports of Disseminated Gonococcal Infection in California
- Volume 12, Issue 10: Decreases in Rates of Reported STIs During COVID-19 Pandemic
Volume 12, Issue 9: Shortage of STI Diagnostic
Test Kits and Laboratory Supplies
- Volume 12, Issue 8: Preliminary 2019 STD Data Slides Now Available Online
- Volume 12, Issue 7: Updates to Title 17, Sections 2500 and 2505 of the California Health and Safety Code
- Volume 12, Issue 6: CDC Report Highlights Missed Opportunities for Congenital Syphilis Prevention
- Volume 12, Issue 5: Genital Chlamydia Trachomatis Infections in Women: Danger in Numbers
- Volume 12, Issue 4: USPSTF Recommends Hepatitis C Virus Screening for All Persons Aged 18 to 79 Years
- Volume 12, Issue 3: STD Clinic Operations during the COVID-19 Emergency
- Volume 12, Issue 2: CDC Releases Recommendations for Provision of STD Clinical Services
- Volume 12, Issue 1: Clusters of Shigellosis Among Men Who Have Sex with Men and Multidrug Resistance
11, Issue 9: National Increase in Disseminated Gonococcal
- Volume 11, Issue 8: FDA Approves Second Medication for HIV PrEP (But Not for Everyone)
- Volume 11, Issue 7: 2018 STD Data Slides Now Available Online
- Volume 11, Issue 6: Changes in Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Recommendations
- Volume 11, Issue 5: Express Visits Coming Soon to County STD Clinics
- Volume 11, Issue 4: Recent Updates in Gonorrhea Diagnostic Testing and Treatment
Volume 11, Issue 3: April is STD Awareness
Volume 11, Issue 2: Don’t Think, Know: Home
Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Testing Program for Young Women
- Volume 11, Issue 1: FDA Approves Diagnostic Test for Mycoplasma genitalium
For reports released prior to 2019, please visit the Reports and Statistics Archive.
California STD Data
National STD Data
Requests for STD Data
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org
with requests for STD-related
data that are not included in the reports above. Please specify
which data are being requested and what the data will be used for.
Please allow at least two weeks’ notice for most data requests,
although requests for substantial amounts of data may take longer.
Data will be provided at the discretion of the County.
For more information, call (619) 293-4700 or send us an email.
Last updated March 7, 2022.