HIV, STD and Hepatitis Branch
Reports and Statistics
Other Helpful Resources:
Annual STD Data Slide Sets
Each slide set includes final, year-end data for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis.
STD Monthly Reports
Reports include monthly and cumulative (year-to-date) cases and rates for reportable STDs in San Diego County and an Editorial Note.
Sign up to receive monthly reports and other STD-related health alerts!
E-mail STD@sdcounty.ca.gov with “Join STD” in the subject line. Member e-mails are confidential and users may unsubscribe at any time.
2023 | Volume 15
2022 | Volume 14
- Issue 12: Updated California STI Screening and Treatment Guidelines
- Issue 11: Mycoplasma genitalium Treatment and New Online Resources
- Issue 10: Monkeypox Cases Are Declining in San Diego County
- Issue 9: USPSTF Reaffirms Syphilis Screening Recommendation for Non-Pregnant Persons
- Issue 8: Monkeypox Cases Continue to be Reported in San Diego County
- Issue 7: Post-Exposure Prophylaxis for Sexually Transmitted Infections – Coming Soon?
- Issue 6: Outbreak of Invasive Meningococcal Disease in Men Who Have Sex with Men in Florida
Issue 5: Monkeypox Virus Infection in the United
States and Other Non-Endemic Countries
- Issue 4: New Home Testing Program Will Offer Free STI and HIV Testing in San Diego County
- Issue 3: STD Awareness Week
- Issue 2: CDC Updates HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Guidelines
- Issue 1: 2020 STD Surveillance Data Slides Are Available Online
2021 | Volume 13
- Issue 12: FDA Approves Injectable Cabotegravir for HIV-1 Pre-exposure Prophylaxis
- Issue 11: Updated Disseminated Gonococcal Infection Treatment Recommendations
- Issue 10: Management of Suspected Gonorrhea Treatment Failure
- Issue 9: Re-launch of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Home Testing Program, I Know – www.DontThinkKnow.org
- Issue 8: 2021 CDC STI Treatment Guidelines Highlights – Syphilis
- Issue 7: CDC Releases 2021 Sexually Transmitted Infections Treatment Recommendations
- Issue 6: Gonococcal Antimicrobial Susceptibility in San Diego County - 2019
- Issue 5: Recommendation for Extragenital Screening for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Issue 4: Final Local and National 2019 STD Surveillance Data Show Historically High Cases
- Issue 3: STD Awareness Week – April 11-17, 2021
- Issue 2: Human Papillomavirus – A Virus We Can All Beat
- Issue 1: Expanded Syphilis Screening Recommendations for Prevention of Congenital Syphilis
For STD Monthly Reports released prior
please visit the Reports and Statistics Archive page.
Links to Other STD Data Sets
State—California Department of Public Health: Sexually Transmitted Infection Data
National—Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: STD Data and Statistics
County of San Diego—HIV Epidemiology Unit: HIV/AIDS Reports and Statistics
Request STD Data
You may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for STD-related data that are not included in the reports above. Please specify which data are being requested and what the data will be used for. Please allow at least two weeks’ notice for most data requests, although requests for substantial amounts of data may take longer. Data will be provided at the discretion of the County.
For more information,
call (619) 293-4700 or send us an e-mail.
Last updated March 27, 2023