Quitting smoking is possible and you are not in it alone. There are resources available to help you quit. By taking small steps, you can learn what works for you.
California Smokers' Helpline
The California Smokers’ Helpline provides free telephone, text, and chat-based counseling. Every month, thousands of Californians call and receive help quitting. Ask about whether you are eligible to receive free nicotine replacement therapy (like the nicotine patch).
- NEW: NoButts.org/COVID
- Quit vaping: 1-844-8-NO-VAPE (1-844-866-8273)
- Chew: 1-800-844-CHEW (1-800-844-2439)
- English: 1-800-NO BUTTS (1-800-662-8887)
- Spanish: 1-800-456-6386
- Mandarin and Cantonese: 1-800-838-8917
- Vietnamese: 1-800-778-8440
- Korean: 1-800-556-5564
- TDD/TTY: 1-800-933-4833
For more information about free services, visit the California Smokers’ Helpline website.
Programs in San Diego County
There are a number of programs in San Diego County to assist you in your efforts to quit smoking or help a friend or loved one quit smoking.
For a listing of local cessation programs in San Diego County:
- Click here to access the California Smokers’ Helpline County Cessation Program Listings
- Use the “Select a County” drop-down menu to select “San Diego County”
If you are on Medi-Cal, smoking cessation classes and nicotine replacement therapy, such as gum or transdermal patches, might be covered. Call your Medi-Cal provider or your Medi-Cal Managed Care Provider (member services) to see if cessation help is covered.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Website last updated 6/21/2020.