Tobacco Control Resource Program (TCRP)
The Tobacco Control Resource Program (TCRP) resides within the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency, Public Health Services. TCRP collaborates with community partners to advance tobacco control efforts in San Diego County and works to:
- Reduce tobacco promoting influences;
- Reduce exposure to secondhand smoke;
- Reduce access to tobacco products; and
- Promote tobacco cessation.
To learn more about local tobacco control efforts, contact us at 619-692-5514, or by email.
NEW: Resources and Information about Smoking and COVID-19
Click here for new information about the connection between smoking and COVID-19.
At the link above, you will find resources and materials with information about smoking and COVID-19, quitting smoking and vaping, and the dangers from exposure to secondhand smoke.
NEW: Changes to Tobacco-Related Regulations for Unincorporated San Diego County
On January 28, 2020, the County of San Diego Board of Supervisors approved an ordinance which will apply to the unincorporated area of San Diego County. The ordinance restrictions will be in place on July 1, 2020, and include the following:
- The sale or distribution of flavored smoking products is prohibited.
- The sale or distribution of electronic smoking devices is prohibited until February 28, 2021, or an earlier date, dependent on the results of the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) ongoing vaping illness investigation.
- Smoking is prohibited in all outdoor dining areas, and within 25 feet from the perimeter of such areas. Additionally, smoking is prohibited within 40 feet from a permitted food facility that is a mobile food or temporary food facility, such as a food truck or food cart.
For more information, contact us at 619-542-4178, or by email.
Stay tuned for new resources and links that will be available soon on our website, including:
- Online form to file complaints regarding ordinance violations
- Free printable resources for your business or restaurant
Webpage last updated 5/4/2020.