TCRP Tobacco Control Organizations
The following is a list of several well-known anti-tobacco and smoking organizations. Please click on any of the links below to learn more about the organization and available resources.
- Action on Smoking and Health (ASH): A national nonprofit legal action and educational organization fighting for the rights of nonsmokers against the many issues of smoking.
- American Non-Smokers' Rights Foundation (ANR Foundation): An educational nonprofit organization that creates comprehensive programs to prevent the harmful effects of secondhand smoke and smoking among youth and young adults.
- California Smokers' Helpline: A FREE and CONFIDENTIAL telephone counseling program that can help you quit smoking. The Helpline offers self-help materials, referral to local programs, and one-on-one telephone counseling to quit smoking. Services are available in six languages (English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and Vietnamese) and specialized services are also available for teens, pregnant women, and tobacco chewers.
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids: National organization with current tobacco news, action alerts, calendar of events, research, and tobacco settlement information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Through its Office on Smoking and Health (OSH), CDC is the lead federal agency for comprehensive tobacco prevention and control. Provides Fast Facts and data, cessation tips, and state and community resources.
- Food and Drug Administration: The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) oversees the implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. Provides information on regulations, compliance and enforcement, research, and public health education.
- Smoke-free Apartment House Registry: A project of the non-profit organization Smoke-free Air for Everyone (S.A.F.E.). The Registry offers a free vacancy listing service to apartment owners who have chosen to establish a total or partial nonsmoking policy in their buildings.
- Smoke-free San Diego: A community resource for tobacco-related news, smoke-free policies, support, and resources. Presented by the Tobacco-Free Coalition of San Diego County.
- Tobacco Free California: An informational and interactive website, created by the California Department of Public Health, California Tobacco Control Program, that provides information and tools on tobacco cessation, prevention, secondhand smoke, tobacco industry, e-cigarettes, and more.
- Truth Initiative: America’s largest non-profit public health organization dedicated to tobacco control and prevention. Provides research and evaluation, education, community and youth engagement, and tools to quit smoking and vaping.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Webpage last updated 6/21/2020.