The San Diego County Probation Department recognizes the important contributions made by volunteers. We offer responsible citizens the opportunity to volunteer for a variety of important assignments throughout San Diego County through the Volunteers In Probation Program.
All volunteers will have their strengths matched with the needs of the Department. For more information email Volunteer Services at Probation.Volunteers@sdcounty.ca.gov.
Volunteers In Probation (VIP), Inc., is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the State of California. VIP's mission is to provide assistance to probationers and at-risk youth and their families through community partnerships and fundraising.
VIP provides volunteer opportunities for people who recognize the value of public service to their community. VIPs serve in a variety of capacities including:
- Case aides
- Staff assistants
- Instructors and tutors
- Administrative assistants
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and religious volunteers
Criteria: Volunteers must meet minimum requirements including, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 18 years old
- No active probation or parole status of any kind
- No felony convictions or history of violent crime
- Possess a valid driver's license and auto insurance or California I.D.
- No outstanding motor vehicle warrants
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours monthly for six months, during Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM