County Operations Energy & Sustainability Management Program
San Diego County spends approximately $30 million annually on utilities (electricity, natural gas, water/sewer) to operate over 10 million square feet of County facilities (owned and leased), along with parks, airports and other infrastructure. We have a Strategic Sustainability Plan that provides both long- and short-term goals to reduce utility usage and costs and minimize our impact on the environment. San Diego County has enacted policies, established programs and implemented projects to achieve these goals.
Click on the links below to learn more about our action plan and goals of the Energy & Sustainability Management Program.
• County of San
Diego Strategic Sustainability Plan
- Renewable Energy Plan
- Zero Carbon Portfolio Plan
- Climate Action Plan
- EV Roadmap
- County Operations Waste Diversion Report
• County of San Diego Government Operations Emissions Inventory
• Energy Efficient New Construction
• Increase County Vehicle Efficiency