Proposed Working Families Ordinance
Regional Economic Analysis and Impact Report
At the Board’s direction, County staff issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for As-Needed Economic and Impact Analysis and Consulting Services.
DTA, formerly David Taussig & Associates, is a public finance consulting firm that was awarded the contract for this work.
Final Economic Analysis Report
DTA conducted the Impact of Working Families Ordinance Report. This report examines various business types, such as businesses leasing space through the County, as well as construction contractors eligible to bid County-awarded contracts, to identify the direct and indirect impacts and feasibility of the proposed draft Ordinance on regional economic factors. The focus is on estimating the impacts of applying the Working Families Ordinance on County-owned leased property and County construction projects.
Regional Economic Analysis – Questionnaire
DTA has developed a questionnaire for Working Families Ordinance stakeholders to collect information that will inform the Regional Economic Analysis and Impact Report.
- If you are a stakeholder who lease space from the County or County Airports and interested in providing input, please access the questionnaire via this link.
- If you are a stakeholder who performs construction projects for the County, please access the questionnaire via this link.
- If you feel that the surveys above may not apply to you, please access the questionnaire via this link.
requested by January 7, 2022.
Board of Supervisors Meetings
On July 13, 2021, the County of San Diego Board of Supervisors (Board) requested that staff return to the Board in 90-days with a draft Working Families Ordinance and return to the Board for consideration. The Board Letter from that meeting is available for review.
Click here to review the draft ordinance included in the Board Letter.
On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, the County of San Diego’s Board of Supervisors (Board) considered the staff report on the proposed Working Families Ordinance (Agenda Item #24). The related Minute Order from that meeting is available for public review.
Please read the Staff Impact Report about the proposed Ordinance.
At the October 5 meeting, the Board accepted the
staff-developed impact report that summarized stakeholder feedback
regarding potential impacts of the ordinance and requested that
County staff engage a consultant to develop a regional economic
analysis and impact report. Additionally, staff was directed to
return to the Board in February 2022 with a draft ordinance
for the Board’s consideration.
Review the proposed ordinance:
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - Arabic
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - Chinese
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - English
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - Filipino
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - Spanish
- Proposed Working Families Ordinance - Vietnamese
- Lessee Survey Results draft Working Families Ordinance
- Construction Contractor Survey Results draft Working Families Ordinance
Community Feedback Meetings:
- August 23, 2021 – County Lessee Virtual Roundtable
- August 27, 2021 – County Construction Contractor Virtual Roundtable
- September 09, 2021 – County Community Virtual Roundtable