Resources for Healthcare Providers
- Clinical Consultations
- STD Guidelines
- Training and Education
- STD Case Reporting Information
Diego County STD Statistics and Monthly Reports
The County of San Diego HIV, STD, and Hepatitis Branch (HSHB) operates a clinical consultation service for providers to discuss cases with an STD expert. Please call or text (619) 609-3245, between 8:00am and 5:00pm PST, Monday through Friday (excluding County holidays). Please make sure to leave your name, organization and complete phone number, including area code. To expedite the callback, direct line numbers are preferred over main clinic or hospital numbers. Please do not include any patient-identifying information in any text messages or voicemails sent to this phone.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective November 8, 2019, HSHB has implemented the new phone line above for providers seeking expert STD clinical consultation. This phone line replaces the STD clinical consultation pager (877) 217-1816. We will continue to operate the consultation pager during the transition, but the pager will be completely phased out by December 31, 2019.
- California STD Treatment Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents (2015)(PDF):
- CDC Recommendations for the Laboratory-Based Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (2014)
- Use of Treponemal Immunoassays for Screening and Diagnosis of Syphilis: Guidance for Medical Providers and Laboratories in California (2016)
- Best Practices for the Prevention and Early Detection of Repeat Chlamydial and Gonococcal Infections: Effective Partner Treatment and Patient Retesting Strategies for Implementation in California Health Care Settings (2011)
- Patient-Delivered Partner Therapy for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis: Guidance for Medical Providers in California (2016)
- Upcoming STD-Related Trainings in San Diego County:
- National STD Curriculum-University of Washington
- California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center: Provides in-person and online courses, training videos, webinars and presentations.
- CDC Viral Hepatitis Serology Training
HIV PEP and PrEP
Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV
Infection in the United States– 2017 Update - A Clinical Practice
Updated Guidelines for Antiretroviral Postexposure
Prophylaxis After Sexual, Injection Drug Use, or Other
Nonoccupational Exposure to HIV—United States, 2016
For more information, phone (619)
send us an email.
Last updated November 8, 2019.