Youth Resources: Resources for Parents & Schools
Talking to your kids about sex fosters healthy attitudes toward sex and healthy behaviors. Honest conversations about STDs, pregnancy prevention, consent and healthy relationships are beneficial for your kids and their future.
The County of San Diego is able to provide technical assistance for the implementation of the California Healthy Youth Act which require sexual health education in all public middle and high schools, including charter schools. For assistance, send us an email.
- California Department of Education, Comprehensive Sexual Health & HIV/AIDS Instruction
- Adolescent Sexual Health Work Group Resource List
- School Confidential Medical Release - National Center for Youth Law
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – National Center for Youth Law
- Education and Title IX – National Women’s Law Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention LGBT Youth Resources
Please Note: The County of San Diego is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Last updated August 31, 2021.