North County Plan
The North County Multiple Species Conservation Plan (North County Plan) would extend the County’s Multiple Species Conservation Program (MSCP) into the northern portion of the unincorporated county. On October 28, 2020 (6), the Board of Supervisors directed staff to continue development of the North County Plan as a joint Habitat Conservation Plan/Natural Community Conservation Plan (HCP/NCCP) to achieve many of the same environmental and economic benefits realized through the adopted County Subarea Plan (South County Plan).
A great deal of collaborative work has gone into development of the North County Plan. The input received from members of the Stakeholder Working Group, community groups, and other interested parties has been invaluable to the North County Plan. As additional information on the status of the North County Plan is available, interested parties will be notified.
The County recently held two online North County Plan Virtual Public Workshops. At these meetings, staff presented an overview of the draft Plan Area boundary, preserve design, and covered species list based on the Board direction received. The information presented was the same at both public workshops.
If you were unable to attend, you can watch the meeting recordings using the links below:
- For the November 30 meeting – Please use this link to watch the meeting recording in English.
- For the December 6 meeting – Please use this link to watch the meeting recording in English, or this link to watch the meeting recording in Spanish.
If you have any questions or want to provide written comments, please contact Chelsea Oakes at MSCP@sdcounty.ca.gov. Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
To be notified of future opportunities to participate and other announcements on the North County Plan, please subscribe to our mailing list by clicking the banner below.
RMPs for Parks/Preserves that are open to the public:
- Barnett Ranch County Preserve
- Del Dios Highlands County Preserve
- El Capitan County Preserve
- Hellhole Canyon County Preserve
- Ramona Grasslands County Preserve
- Sage Hill County Preserve
- Santa Margarita County Preserve
- Santa Ysabel County Preserve
- Simon County Preserve
- Wilderness Gardens County Preserve
RMPs for Parks/Preserves that are closed to the public: