Why Use Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV)?
Landlords and property owners may ask:
Why use the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program?
What’s the advantage for me?
Some of the Benefits for Landlords:
- When a tenant uses rental assistance you will receive a steady, monthly partial payment that is deposited directly into your bank account.
- We will inspect your property every one to two years to be sure it is safe and healthy. We may find issues that can be repaired easily before they become larger and more expensive to fix.
- You screen the tenants to be sure they meet the qualifications of your rental property.
Learn about Fair Housing for Landlords
- When you rent to someone using public rental assistance you will be helping the very needy in our community live in a safe, healthy environment.
- Rental assistance tenants sign a contract prohibiting criminal behavior and limiting the number of people who live in their unit.
- Want more details? Please see the Landlord Handbook.
Additional incentives may be available for landlords who rent to homeless Veterans
- For more information, please see Landlords - Help a Veteran
Does your property qualify for the program?
- Call (858) 694-4801 toll free (877) 478-LIST.
How do I list my property?
- See www.affordablehousing.com for a free listing
For more information
- Please visit Landlords - An Overview.