The Housing Authority of the County of San Diego administers several publicly-owned rental housing units within San Diego County. These rental units are available to low-income families, senior citizens, and disabled persons.
If you already live in public housing, we have a newsletter just for you.
- You must be a low-income family, a low-income senior citizen (62 years of age or older), or a disabled person.
- You must either live in an unincorporated area of San Diego County, or in the cities of Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, or Vista.
- We have a 38-unit rental complex for people who receive 50 percent or more of their income from the agricultural industry. The complex, named Firebird Lane Manor, is in San Marcos. For more information contact Firebirdmanor@sbcglobal.net.
- Your household's annual gross income must be at or below 50% of San Diego's Area Median Income.
- If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for Public Housing, you may submit an on-line application. If you require specific accommodation to complete the application, please contact our office at (858) 694-4801 or toll free at (877) 478-LIST.