The Housing Authority of the County of San Diego administers several publicly-owned rental housing units within San Diego County. These rental units are available to low-income families, senior citizens, and disabled persons.
- The Housing Authority of the County of San Diego will host a Resident Advisory Board meeting on Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. All current San Diego County Public Housing residents and participants of the San Diego County’s Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program are cordially invited to attend. The meeting will be held at the Housing and Community Development Services building located at 3989 Ruffin Road, San Diego, CA 92123. At this meeting, we will be discussing the draft Public Housing Agency Plan and proposed changes to the programs we administer. We will also be discussing some of the new state laws affecting tenants and providing information about how you can be more involved in the Resident Advisory Board. Agenda
- You must be a low-income family, a low-income senior citizen (62 years of age or older), or a disabled person.
- You must either live in an unincorporated area of San Diego County, or in the cities of Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, or Vista.
- We have a 38-unit rental complex for people who receive 50 percent or more of their income from the agricultural industry. The complex, named Firebird Lane Manor, is in San Marcos. For more information contact Firebirdmanor@sbcglobal.net.
- Your household's annual gross income must be at or below 50% of San Diego's Area Median Income.
- If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for Public Housing, you may submit an on-line application. If you require specific accommodation to complete the application, please contact our office at (858) 694-4801 or toll free at (877) 478-LIST.