The Housing Authority of the County of San Diego administers several publicly-owned rental housing units within San Diego County. These rental units are available to low-income families, senior citizens, and disabled persons.
HACSD is seeking interested residents of Public Housing to apply for a position on the Resident Advisory Board (RAB). This is a chance to have a representative voice as the RAB meets to review and comment on Public Housing and HCV policy changes before they happen. The Resident Advisory Board (RAB) is being formalized with appointed seats as of the 2019-20 Fiscal Year. Candidates will be selected from Public Housing residents and Section 8 Housing Choice/Project Based voucher program participants. The HACSD RAB Announcement has additional information about the RAB and the application process. If you are interested in applying for a position please complete the HACSD RAB Application and submit no later than 11-10-2019.
- You must be a low-income family, a low-income senior citizen (62 years of age or older), or a disabled person.
- You must either live in an unincorporated area of San Diego County, or in the cities of Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, Poway, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, or Vista.
- We have a 38-unit rental complex for people who receive 50 percent or more of their income from the agricultural industry. The complex, named Firebird Lane Manor, is in San Marcos. For more information contact Firebirdmanor@sbcglobal.net.
- Your household's annual gross income must be at or below 50% of San Diego's Area Median Income.
- If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for Public Housing, you may submit an on-line application. If you require specific accommodation to complete the application, please contact our office at (858) 694-4801 or toll free at (877) 478-LIST.