Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste
The County of San Diego developed the Strategic Plan to reduce waste sent to landfills while keeping our region beautiful and thriving.
The Plan focused on:
- Programs and policies targeting reducing waste
- Hauler programs and services
- Recycling and waste-reduction tips
- Economical solutions
Review the Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste:
Strategic Plan Updates
This list contains updates and events related to the County of San Diego's implementation of the Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste:
- On January 1, 2021, updates to the County of San Diego's Construction and Demolition (C&D) Debris Recycling Ordinance took effect for projects in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County. Learn more here.
- The County of San Diego Board of Supervisors approved updates to the Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreement and Solid Waste Ordinance on May 5. These updates will help the County achieve its sustainability goals of progressively diverting solid waste from landfills and achieving an 80% waste diversion by 2030, and align with state laws, AB 1826 and SB 1383. Learn more about the Solid Waste Ordinance.
The County of San Diego held a training on the new Service Level Report template for haulers on June 30.