Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste
The County worked with local communities to create a Plan to reduce waste sent to landfills while keeping our region beautiful and thriving. The Plan focused on:
- Programs and policies targeting reducing waste
- Hauler programs and services
- Recycling and waste-reduction tips
- Economical solutions
Board of Supervisors Hearing - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Review the Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste:
This list contains workshops and events related to the County of San Diego's implementation of the Strategic Plan to Reduce Waste stakeholder outreach process:
- Workshop on Changes to the Solid Waste Ordinance and Solid Waste, Recycling, and Construction and Demolition Haulers Requirements, September 1, 2020. County staff presented a summary of proposed changes to the Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreement (NEFA) and Solid Waste Ordinance (SWO) and solicited stakeholder input. Proposed changes include the creation of two new categories of haulers - certified recyclable materials collectors and NEFAs for approved Construction & Demolition (C&D) collectors. Changes to the C&D ordinance were also highlighted.
- Solid Waste Ordinance Update Meeting, September 1, 2020. This meeting included a presentation and discussion with stakeholders of proposed updates to the Solid Waste Ordinance. Proposed changes would align the ordinance with the requirements of state regulations SB 1383 and AB 827 and the County’s waste diversion goals.