Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)/Model Aircraft
Know before you fly!
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) are inherently different from manned aircraft. Introducing UAS into the nation's airspace is challenging for both the FAA and aviation community, because the U.S. has the busiest, most complex airspace in the world. The FAA is taking an incremental approach to safe UAS integration.
UAS come in a variety of shapes and sizes and serve diverse purposes. Regardless of size, the responsibility to fly safely applies equally to manned and unmanned aircraft operations. The FAA is partnering with several industry associations to promote safe and responsible use of unmanned aircraft. Read more about the Know Before You Fly educational campaign.
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Public Operations (Governmental)
- Civil Operations (Non-Governmental)
- Model Aircraft (Hobby or Recreation only)
- FAA Model Aircraft Operations
- FAA YouTube Videos on Safe Model Aircraft Operations
KNOW BEFORE YOU FLY EDUCATIONAL CAMPAIGN