How To Report Traffic Light Outages

Street Signal, Red Light

We rely on you to tell us when a traffic signal is out or not working properly. To report a malfunctioning traffic signal, please let us know as soon as possible.

In addition to the 195 signals operated by the County of San Diego in the unincorporated areas, 18 Incorporated Cities and the State of California also operate traffic signals throughout the region. Knowing which agency to call can be confusing. Here are some tips:

List of Intersections where the County of San Diego maintains traffic signals. If the problem signal is on the list, please call us at (858) 694-3850, or report it on our Service Request Form

City Contacts  If the malfunctioning signal is not at a County or State intersection, it may be in an incorporated city

Caltrans  If intersection is not on the list and if located at a freeway ramp or state highway, signals may be maintained by Caltrans, call (619) 688-6699.

Report a Traffic or Maintenance Issue to Caltrans