STD Clinical Services and Fees
- STD/HIV risk assessment
- Physical exam (if you have symptoms of an STD)
- Testing for most STDs, including
gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.
- For women, testing for trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis and vaginal yeast infections is available. Urine pregnancy testing also is available.
- Swab testing for herpes simplex virus (HSV-1 and HSV-2) is available for patients who have an open sore or blister.
HIV testing will be
performed as part of your clinic visit unless:
1) you are already known to be HIV-positive or
2) you tell your provider that you do not want the test.
Court-ordered HIV testing
(South Region STD Clinic only)
- Rapid HIV testing—Temporarily Unavailable
- HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) education and assistance
non-occupational Post Exposure Prophylaxis (nPEP) education
- Treatment for most STDs
- Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccination
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination (for patients without health insurance or whose health insurance does not cover vaccines)
Don't Think, Know.
A FREE chlamydia and gonorrhea
home testing program for women 25 and under.
None of the above tests require that you be fasting. In fact, we encourage you not to come to the clinic on an empty stomach! If you are unable to eat before your clinic visit, and you need an antibiotic, snacks are available in the clinic. If you have any food allergies, please bring your own snack.
To protect your health information, we require a photo ID when checking in.
Which Tests Do I Need?
Testing, treatment and/or vaccinations will be recommended by your provider based on the risk assessment, physical exam (if applicable) and national guidelines and standards. Your provider may not recommend all of the tests listed above. If you have any questions about recommended testing, treatment and/or vaccines, please ask your provider.
- Blood test for herpes simplex virus for asymptomatic patients (i.e., without an open sore or blister)
- HPV testing
- PAP smears
- Birth control (other than condoms) or emergency contraception
- Treatment for medical issues that are not STD-related
- Treatment of HIV infection
- Treatment of hepatitis B or hepatitis C
- Pregnancy (prenatal) care
- Surgical wart removal
- Evidence collection for cases of sexual assault/rape
Should you need one of the above services, we will help to direct you to the appropriate place.
*As of July 25, 2022, the $40 STD clinic fee is being waived until further notice to support the County’s monkeypox response.
There is a $40 per visit fee. This includes a risk assessment and, if necessary, physical exam, comprehensive STD and HIV laboratory tests, treatments, recommended vaccinations, and any follow-up visits within 30 days. This fee may be waived if you are unable to pay.
All clinics currently accept cash and checks only. We do not accept
There is no fee if you are only getting tested for HIV.
For more inforamtion,
call (619) 293-4700 or send us an e-mail.
Last updated July 25, 2022..