Childcare/Preschool and TK/K-12 Resources
These resources are intended for childcare/preschool facilities, public and private schools, parents, and providers to assist with school enrollment. Keep children and adolescents protected against infectious diseases in educational settings.
On this page, find resources on:
- Immunization Schedules,
- School Immunization Requirements,
- Disease Prevention Strategies,
- Improving Ventilation,
- and other Local, State, and Federal Resources.
If you are a childcare/preschool, school, or clinical organization that would like virtual or onsite training related to California immunization laws, annual reporting, vaccine preventable diseases, infection control practices for schools, and more, please go to the training request page.
County of San Diego
- How to Find Your Immunization Records—Discover helpful tips on finding your/your child’s old immunization records.
- Immunization Material Request—Request immunization materials for your site, including posters, handouts, and California School Immunization Records (blue cards).
- K-12 Schools Sector—Information and resources to support school staff, students, and families.
- Reportable Diseases and Conditions —Information on disease reporting requirements in San Diego County.
- San Diego Immunization Clinic Schedules—Find immunization services throughout San Diego County.
- Vaccines for All Ages and Stages—Learn more about which vaccines are recommended at different stages in life.
- Ventilation Information for K-12 Schools—A flyer that explains how to improve ventilation in schools.
California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- CAIR Hub | Welcome to CAIR Hub—Access the childcare/preschool and school roster lookup and the immunization reporting website.
- California Immunization Registry (CAIR) Forms—Review information about the Immunization Registry Notice to Patients and Parents.
- Combination Vaccines
- EZIZ.org—A One Stop Shop for Immunization Training and Resources
- Guidance for Common Signs and Symptoms—Review guidance on how to respond to common illnesses.
School—View complete details of the state statutes for
California school immunizations.
- Regulation FAQs and Immunization Requirements Updates—Changes made in immunization laws and policies from 2019.
- Shots for School—View complete details of the state statutes for California school immunizations.
- School and Childcare Roster Lookup (SCRL)—A tool that can determine whether or not a student meets all immunization requirements to enter school or child care.
- 2019 CA School Immunization Record (blue book)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Operational Guidance for K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs—Guidance that helps K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs support safe, in-person learning for children.
- Get Four Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests—Place your order for free at-home COVID-19 tests.
- Summary of 2022 IAC Pediatric Immunization Schedule—Review the summary of recommendations for child/teen immunizations.