Flu Vaccine Locations
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months old and older get a flu shot every year. It takes about two weeks for immunity to develop, so get vaccinated early in fall, before flu season begins or as soon as you can.
The influenza vaccine is now available at doctors’ offices and pharmacies throughout San Diego County and is covered by medical insurance. People who do not have healthcare coverage can get vaccinated at one of the County’s six Public Health Centers or a local community clinic.
See the resources below to help you find the right flu shot location for you or call 2-1-1 San Diego.
- Kaiser Permanente Flu Vaccine Locations
- Palomar Health Flu Vaccine Locations
- Scripps Flu Vaccine Clinics
- Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group Flu Vaccine Drive Up Locations
- UC San Diego Health Flu Vaccine Locations
*Visit Health Center Partners of Southern California for more community clinic information.
Free flu vaccines are provided during the following times at Public Health Center locations. Appointments are recommended, but not required. Appointments can be made by calling a Public Health Center or by using the online appointment tool, if available.
Coastal Public Health Center (760) 967-4401
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: 8:00-12:00 & 1:00-4:30
North Inland Public
Health Center (760) 740-3000
- Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00-4:30
Central Public Health Center (858) 573-7300
- Monday-Wednesday: 8:00-11:00 & 1:00-4:00
- Thursdays 1:00-4:00
Region Public Health Center (619) 229-5400
- Monday-Friday: 8:00-12:00 & 1:00-4:30
- No appointment needed
Region Public Health Center (619) 401-3995
- Appointments preferred
- Monday-Wednesday & Fridays 8:00-11:00 & 1:00-4:00
- Thursdays 1:00-4:00
- South Region Public Health Center (619) 409-3110
Flu vaccine events include one-day or temporary locations providing flu shots in the community. Information about flu vaccination events will be listed as it becomes available. Unless otherwise noted, all vaccination events offer free flu vaccines for everyone 6 months old and older.
for Health—Free Flu Immunization Locations
- If you are
interested in hosting a free flu shot event at your site, please
submit a Flu Clinic Host Interest Form.
- If you are interested in hosting a free flu shot event at your site, please submit a Flu Clinic Host Interest Form.
For more information or to request
contact the San Diego Immunization Unit via e-mail or call us at (866) 358-2966.