Trainings for Childcare and School Staff
The Immunization Unit provides no-cost trainings on state-mandated
immunization requirements at childcares,
pre-kindergartens, and K-12 schools.
Trainings are open to all staff that transcribe and review immunization records, including:
• School Nurses,
• School Administrators,
• School Registrars,
• Health Technicians,
• Health IT Staff,
• School Aids, and
• Medical Assistants
Health care providers and social service agencies are welcome to attend as well.
To sign up for scheduled trainings, click on the appropriate links.
Register to learn California immunization laws and regulations as well as basic procedures for reviewing immunization requirements and medical exemptions. Understand the process for admitting or excluding students and receive instructions how to complete the blue card manually.
Annual Fall Immunization
Pre-K and K-12 (*COMBO) Dates
Receive guidance on submitting the annual state-mandated fall immunization report, including information on report categories and unique situations.
Upcoming Annual Reporting Training
Join us for this monthly remote drop-in opportunity to engage with the Immunizations Unit. Engage with the Immunizations Unit to have your questions answered in real time about school and childcare immunization requirements. Network and learn best practices and tools for maintaining compliance with immunization law and requirements.
Upcoming Office Hours
2:00PM - 3:00PM
Upcoming Network Meeting
Request a School or Pre-Kindergarten Immunization Law Training
Fill out the form to request a training for your group of 5 or more. Trainings will cover topics related to California School Immunization Law, how to complete blue cards, and annual reporting.
Child Care and School Immunization Resources
- Find Your Immunization Records — Discover helpful tips on finding immunization records.
- Immunization Material Request — Request immunization materials for your site, including posters, handouts, and California School Immunization Records (blue cards).
- K-12 Schools Sector — Find information and resources to support school staff, students, and families.
- Reportable Diseases and Conditions — Learn more about disease reporting requirements in San Diego County.
- San Diego Immunization Clinic Schedules — Find immunization services throughout San Diego County.
- Vaccines for All Ages and Stages — Learn more about which vaccines are recommended at different stages in life.
California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Immunization Registry (CAIR) Forms — Review information about the Immunization Registry Notice to Patients and Parents.
- EZIZ.org — Find immunization training and resources.
Shots for School —
View complete details of the state statutes for California
- Regulation FAQs and Immunization Requirements Updates — Review changes made in immunization laws and policies from 2019.
- Shots for School — View complete details of the state statutes for California school immunizations.