Electric Vehicle Roadmap - Goal 5
Fund Electric Vehicle Expert/Consumer Advocate as a regional resource
Increase electric vehicle (EV) ownership and charging station installations through education, outreach, regional collaboration, and incentives.
The County has created a consumer guide website to provide technical support, education, and outreach to increase EV use and charging station installations throughout the region. Providing a consolidated source of vehicle electrification information to the public helps to dispel misconceptions about EV performance, cost, and processes for installing EV charging infrastructure.
The EV Consumer Guide website provides residents and businesses highlights of the benefits of EV ownership, a fuel cost comparison calculator, a search engine of available EV models, charger installation procedures, and available incentives.
- Launched the EV Consumer Guide website in 2021. The site provides a decision support tool that assists consumers with choosing the right EV for their needs and budget. Staff continue to research and review the website to ensure the content is up to date with the latest EV technology, new and pre-owned EV market trends, County policies and priorities, and legislation.
- Received a 2022 National Association of Counties (NACo) Achievement Award under the County Resiliency category for the EV Consumer Guide website.
- Promoted EV education through
events, community engagement, and social media. Notable events
- SDG&E EV Fleet Day, held on March 7, 2022, at Broadway Pier in downtown San Diego
- Spring Valley Earth Day Fair on April 23, 2022, at Lamar County Park
- SDG&E and Challenged Athletes Foundation’s Adaptive EV Ride-and-Drive event on July 30, 2022, at Liberty Station
- LiveWell Advance Conference on December 7, 2022, at the San Diego Convention Center