Edgemoor DP SNF
655 Park Center Drive Santee, CA 92071
- View Map
For additional information, send us an email, or call (619) 596-5500.
Edgemoor provides 24 hour long term skilled nursing care for individuals having complex medical needs who require specialized interventions from highly trained staff.
What services do we provide?
- 24-hour skilled nursing care under the direction of physicians and supervision of Registered Nurses
- Skilled and experienced caregivers with consistent assignments
- A restraint-free environment
- Three full time Board Certified staff physicians
- Rehabilitation provided by Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Assistance with all levels of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including help with meals, personal care needs, transferring and mobility; and medication and treatment administration
- Full time staff Psychologist
- Clinical Case Management
- Daily activity and recreation programs designed by Recreational Therapists
- I.V. Therapy
- Tracheostomy Care
- Wound Care
- Specialized diets monitored by Registered Dietitians
Referrals for admissions are received from a number of sources; generally from local area hospitals who need extended complex care. Edgemoor is a “safety net” facility with a mission to take those individuals who cannot be served by area skilled nursing facilities and who would otherwise be a burden on the community. We are not in competition with other nursing homes. As such, we cannot take admissions due to choice or preference. We require evidence that the prospective resident has characteristics that indicate they cannot be safely cared for in another placement. Our admission process is slower than other nursing homes; we need a careful review of each application to assure we can provide care for a long period of time as most of our residents lack discharge options.
- Residents must require skilled nursing care.
- Residents must be not suitable for other nursing homes.
- Residents must have funding (the majority of our residents are funded by Medi-Cal).
To refer a resident to our facility fax the following information to (619) 596-5584.
- A history and physical examination completed by a Medical Practitioner with the list of diagnoses, medications and care needs that indicate a need for skilled nursing care.
- Weight and height information.
- Information on any infectious conditions or skin conditions.
- Information on any equipment needs.
- Contact information for health professionals and resident/family members.
- Information on advance directives, POLST and code status preferences.
- Recent laboratory studies.
- A referral from a SNF requires a letter from the SNF including the latest MDS, specifying the reason that SNF cannot care for the resident and is requesting transfer.
- Whether the prospective resident can make their own decisions or, if they cannot, the name, relationship, legal documents and contact information of the surrogate decision maker.
- Evidence that placement is not possible at a lower level of care.
- Health insurance information. (copy of the insurance information)
- ID, Social Security number, date of birth and resident alien card if applicable.
- Information if Parole/Felony or sex offender.
- Physical/Occupational and Speech Therapy note, if any.
Persons not eligible for placement at Edgemoor are those:
- requiring a locked placement for risk of elopement.
- using Ventilators or BIPAP.
- with NG tubes.
- requiring physical or chemical restraints.
- selecting Hospice Services.
- who are a danger to self or others.
- who are able to receive necessary care at other facilities, such as area nursing homes, hospice, home care, military hospitals, veteran homes.
- requiring acute care medical services, intensive nursing care, transfusions, acute psychiatric care, isolation, or ventilators.
- with a primary diagnosis of developmental disabilities or mental illness without significant skilled medical needs.
- who are self-referred from home settings.
- who are pregnant.
- who are under 18 years old.
- with primary diagnosis of substance use disorder or persons actively receiving treatment for substance use disorder.
- requiring care for violence, severe agitation, suicidal or homicidal behavior.
- requiring one to one or private duty nursing care.
- who are extremely obese requiring specialized equipment.
For questions, please call (619) 596-5500.
Edgemoor DPSNF is not currently accepting clothing donations.
Cash donations are welcome and may be dropped off at any time. If a receipt is required for a cash donation, the donation may be presented to the cashier at the Cashier Office during the hours of 8:30am – 11:00 am and 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
Thank you for your consideration.
Courtyard / Plaza
- Edgemoor is a FIVE STAR facility, having received this highest rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality services.
- In 2017, Edgemoor was honored by receiving the highest national honor bestowed by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). This is their Gold Quality Service Excellence Award. Edgemoor was one of only three facilities nationwide in 2017 and only 37 since the program inception date-1996. The facility had previously received the Silver Award in 2014 and the Bronze Award in 2010.
- Edgemoor has been honored by US News and World Report as a Top Nursing Home from 2012 to present
- Ranked number one Skilled Nursing Facility in California by Newsweek in 2019.
- Edgemoor's Sierra Stroll was selected as the 2013 Not for Profit Program of the Year by AHCA/NCAL.
- Detailed information comparing Edgemoor to other nursing homes is available through the Nursing Home Compare Website, sponsored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.