Children, Youth & Families System of Care
If you have a Behavioral Health emergency, please call 9-1-1.
To access service referrals or to call the Crisis Line,
The Children, Youth and Families (CYF) section of Behavioral Health Services aids children and adolescents who are emotionally disturbed, and their families. CYF offers a wide variety of services, from early intervention to residential services. All services provided are oriented to meet the unique linguistic and cultural needs of the public to be served.
The system strives to ensure that County residents have access to quality services as guided by our principles.
Services listed are County operated children's behavioral health services. Select "Provider Resource Manual" or "Network of Care - CYF" for information about services we contract out through community providers.
- Behavioral Health Administration
- Community Events and Announcements
- Emergency and Crisis Services
- Guide to Medi-Cal Mental Health Services
- Juvenile Forensic Services
- Network of Care - CYF
- Outpatient Services
- Children, Youth and Families Behavioral Health Services Provider Resource Manual January 2017
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services
- Presumptive Transfer of Medi-Cal for Foster Youth (AB 1299) Assembly Bill 1299 was enacted to ensure that foster children and youth placed out of their counties of original jurisdiction are able to access specialty mental health services (SMHS) in a timely manner. Presumptive transfer means a prompt transfer of the responsibility for the provision of, or arranging and payment for SMHS from the county of original jurisdiction to the county in which the foster youth resides. Notification of Presumptive Transfer are submitted to the Mental Health Plan in the new county of residence by the placing agency within three business days of the decision to place the youth outside their county of jurisdiction. To notify the San Diego County MHP single point of contact for presumptive transfers, please contact Optum at 1-800-798-2254 option 4 or fax 1-866-220-4495
The Children, Youth and Families (CYF) Administration is responsible for overseeing the public children's system of care for San Diego County, and provides services for children and adolescents who are seriously emotionally disturbed, and their families. Services are provided through direct, County-operated services, and through contracts with community-based providers and individual fee-for-service providers. CYF Administration ensures that certain State-mandated functions, such as Quality Assurance, grievance and complaint procedures, and billing and claiming procedures, are in place, are accurate and effective.
For administrative information or to provide feedback about this page, send us an email or phone BHS Administration at 619-563-2700.