NEW! Find links to the most up to date information for growers and residents on our Citrus Quarantine Program page ***Asian Citrus Psyllid (ACP) and Huanglongbing (HLB) Information***
NEW! The 2018 Crop Statistics and Report for the County of San Diego has been released. Please see this article for more information and a link to the report.
NEW! The San Diego County Citrus Pest Control District will meet on Thursday, February 6th, 2020 at 1:00 PM in the conference room of the San Diego County Farm Bureau office located at 420 South Broadway, Escondido, CA. An agenda is available.
Virulent Newcastle disease is a highly contagious and fatal disease of poultry and other birds.
Bird owners should immediately contact the California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) hotline at 866-922-BIRD (2473) if they spot symptoms in their birds including: coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge, tremors, twisting of the neck and sudden death.
For more information and updates on VND and how to protect your flock please visit the California Department of Food and Agriculture, Animal Health and Food Safety Services, Animal Health Branch website.
USDA California Farm Service Agency Opens Office Space in San Diego County to Assists Farmers and Ranchers Needs. FSA office hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month. FSA office located at 900 Canterbury Place, Escondido, CA 92025. Please see this press release for more information.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.