The Agriculture, Weights and Measures department conducts an annual Crop Report Questionnaire to accurately determine the overall gross value of agriculture in San Diego county. We would like to know how your production was in 2018. This questionnaire is the sole source of information for some commodities.
Your support in completing the 2018 San Diego County Crop Report Questionnaire is critical to its success. Please keep in mind, the more producers who return a completed questionnaire - the more accurately we can determine the apiary production for our county. It is important that the total gross value for each commodity you produce is listed.
San Diego Farming for Profit, a @kitchentableconsultants program enrolling a small group of San Diego County specialty crop growers in a collaborative, expert-led, farm business program. Apply for this free program today! Click on the link below to learn more and apply! https://bit.ly/2Rlawp
USDA Launches New Biosecurity Campaign Asking All Poultry Owners, Workers and Hobbyists to Protect the Health of Live Poultry. USDA launched a new web page “Defend the Flock” for the campaign where anyone can find important information about protecting their flocks from disease.
USDA California Farm Service Agency Opens Office Space in San Diego
County to Assists Farmers and Ranchers Needs. FSA office hours
are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
FSA office located at 900 Canterbury Place, Escondido, CA 92025.
Please see this press release
for more information.
The San Diego County Citrus Pest Control District will be meeting on January 10, 2019 at 1PM. The meeting will be held at the San Diego County Farm Bureau, located at 420 S. Broadway, Suite 200, Escondido, CA 92025.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.