The San Diego County Citrus Pest Control District (SDCCPCD) will hold a Director's Meeting on August 30, 2018 at 1pm. The meeting will be held at the San Diego Farm Bureau Office (420 S. Broadway, Escondido)
USDA California Farm Service Agency Opens Office Space in San Diego
County to Assists Farmers and Ranchers Needs. Please see this
for more information.
GOOD FOOD SHOWCASE - SEPTEMBER 17, 2018 The Good Food Showcase is an opportunity for San Diego Farmers to participate in a networking event that connects the farmer with buyers, growers and experts on local food marketing. A flyer for the event is available here. Event details and registration are available on the web, as well as a video where you can hear about the experiences of past event attendees. For additional information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.