USDA Launches New Biosecurity Campaign Asking All Poultry Owners,
Workers and Hobbyists to Protect the Health of Live Poultry.
USDA launched a new web page “Defend
the Flock” for the campaign where anyone can find important
information about protecting their flocks from disease.
USDA California Farm Service Agency Opens Office Space in San Diego
County to Assists Farmers and Ranchers Needs. FSA office hours
are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
FSA office located at 900 Canterbury Place, Escondido, CA 92025.
Please see this press release
for more information.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.