Schools: Colleges and Universities
Welcome to the Colleges and Universities Sector website. The information on this website applies to college and university students, staff, facility and their communities and is intended to promote resources that will support the work that you do. If you have questions, comments, or would like to see something on this website, please e-mail us at: COVID-Education@sdcounty.ca.gov
Vaccinations for Institutes of Higher Education
The Education Sector will be eligible for vaccination in San Diego County on Saturday, February 27th. Additional information will be shared later this week and will be posted on www.coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine. Staff in Institutes of Higher Education may schedule a vaccination through their healthcare provider or the county website beginning Saturday, February 27th.
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
- Handouts and Guidance
- Staff in colleges, universities, junior colleges, community colleges, and other postsecondary education facilities
- Staff in technical and trade schools
- Staff in support services and administration
- Third-party contractors and volunteers regularly engaged in work on a school campus
Scheduling Your Vaccination Appointment
- Healthcare Provider: If you have a doctor or are enrolled with a local healthcare system, please work with them to schedule an appointment. Many providers are notifying their patients directly with next steps to receive the COVID-19 vaccine based on federal and state guidance.
- County Locations: If you are unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine from a healthcare provider, the County of San Diego and its partners are offering vaccinations to individuals in eligible priority groups. Appointment information for County vaccination super stations and PODs is available online at www.VaccinationSuperStationSD.com.
- Transportation to Your appointment: MTS & NCTD are offering free rides for everyone in the region who needs a lift to their vaccine appointment. Ride any bus, trolley, SPRINTER or COASTER for free with proof of vaccine appointment.
View Previous PowerPoints & Documents Shared on Telebriefings
- Materials and Social Media Toolkit
COVID Symptom Decision Tree 2/16/21
- IHE Communication Flowchart with Epidemiology 1/21/21
- Medical Clearance Referral Form for Return to Sports
- College and University Slides 10/13/20
- COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccine Development and
Distribution Presentation 10/13/20
- Emergency Preparedness College Students
- Mental Health Flyer for College Students
- Institutions of Higher Education Collegiate Sport FAQ Slides 8/25/20
- PPE Vendor Supply List 6/8/2020
- CDC Resuming Business Tool Kit
- COVID-19 Employer Playbook For a Safe Reopening
- County of San Diego- Flowchart if an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
- COVID Screening Apps 9/2/20
Previously Recorded Webinars
- COVID-19 & College Students: What you Absolutely Need to Know
- Coffee with a Doctor: All Your Coronavirus Questions Answered
- Mental Health During a Public Health Crisis: Tips for Caring for You and Your Love Ones’ Wellbeing
RESOURCES FOR PROVIDERS AND
STATE & NATIONAL RESOURCES