Announcements and Clinic Closures
The Rosecrans STD Clinic will be closed for building maintenance
beginning Friday, 7/2/2021 through Friday 7/9/2021. No patients will
be seen at the Rosecrans clinic during this time.
STD clinical services will remain available at our regional STD clinics. PLEASE CALL BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE REGIONAL CLINIC to be sure you can be seen.
- Central Region Public Health Center is located at 5202 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105. Hours of operation are Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:00am – 4:00pm. The phone number is 619-229-5400.
- North Coastal Public Health Center is located at 3609 Ocean Ranch Boulevard, Suite 104, Oceanside 92054. Hours of operation are Wednesdays from 10:30am – 5:30pm by appointment only. The phone number is 760-967-4401.
- South Region Public Health Center is located at 690 Oxford Street, Chula Vista, CA 91911. Hours of operation are Thursdays from 12:00pm – 5:00pm. Additionally, the clinic will be open on Wednesday 7/7/2021 and Friday 7/9/2021 from 12:00pm – 5:00pm. The phone number is 619-409-3110.
Thank you for your understanding!
La clínica estará cerrada del 2 de julio al 9 de julio de 2021 debido al mantenimiento del edificio. No se atendera a ningún paciente en la clínica durante este tiempo.
Los servicios clínicos siguen disponibles en nuestras clínicas ETS regionales. POR FAVOR LLAME A CLÍNICA REGIONAL ANTES DE LLEGAR para asegurar que le puedan atender.
- Central Region Public Health Center esta ubicada en 5202 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92105. Horas de servicio son martes y viernes de 10:00am – 4:00pm. El numero de teléfono es 619-229-5400.
- North Central Public Health Center esta ubicada en 3609 Ocean Ranch Boulevard, Suite 104, Oceanside, CA 92054. Horas de servicio son miércoles de 10:30am – 5:30pm. Se requiere una cita. El numero de teléfono es 760-967-4401.
- South Region Public Health Center esta ubicada en 690 Oxford Street, Chula Vista, CA 91911. Horas de servicio son jueves de 12:00pm – 5:00pm. La clínica también será abierta miércoles 7 julio 2021 y viernes 9 julio 2021 de 12:00pm – 5:00pm. El numero de teléfono es 619-409-3110.
HIV tests without STD testing or services are available at the
Rosecrans clinic. If you want only an HIV test, you do not need
an appointment and you will not be asked to pay the clinic
All County of San Diego STD
Clinics will run a routine HIV blood test as part of your STD visit unless:
- You already have a diagnosis of HIV infection
- You tell your provider that you do not want the test.
Rapid HIV testing also is available at the Rosecrans clinic, but is not recommended if you may have been exposed to HIV between 2 - 12 weeks ago.
All testing is confidential (i.e., your name is recorded but protected by law). The results of blood tests usually take about one week to return.
Anonymous, rapid HIV testing is offered at the San Diego LGBT Community Center.
The County of San Diego operates a mobile HIV testing unit which visits various locations throughout the county offering confidential HIV testing. For dates, times and locations of the mobile unit, please call (619) 692-8501.
If you would like to have an oral rapid HIV test, please do not chew gum, eat or drink fluids (including water) a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the test. Do not use any oral hygiene products (e.g., toothpaste, mouthwash, denture adhesive) for a minimum of 20 minutes prior to the test. If you have performed any of these activities immediately prior to arrival at the clinic, you may wait 15-20 minutes before taking the oral rapid test or you may have a rapid HIV test performed using finger stick blood sample.
For more information, phone (619)
or send us an email.
Last updated June 3, 2019.