National Immunization Awareness Month 2021
We have all experienced what it’s like to be vulnerable to illness. The COVID-19 pandemic reminds us how serious diseases are and the impact they can have when people do not have protection through natural immunity or vaccines. Diseases affect our health, our well-being, and our community.
Vaccines are available to help prevent many diseases. Make sure you are protected and up to date on your vaccines. Now is a great time to contact your healthcare provider and make sure you are up to date with your vaccines. If you do not have a healthcare provider, call 2-1-1 San Diego to find a healthcare provider near you.
Learn more about immunizations, get vaccinated, and help us promote National Immunization Awareness Month.
Vaccines are recommended for people of all ages and stages in life. Learn more about the vaccines you need by clicking on the buttons below.
The following materials are available for you to use to help promoted National Immunization Awareness Month.
- Drop in Article
- E-mail Template
- Social Media Messages—Help us share these immunization awareness messages with the community. Messaging is available below and will be disseminated throughout the month, please share or re-tweet when you see them!
Social Media Messages
Resources and tools to help healthcare providers encourage their patients to get vaccinated.
- Healthcare Providers
- Vaccines and Pregnancy — A digital article listing the top 7 seven things pregnant women need to know about vaccinations.
- Catch Up on Well - Child Visits and Recommended Vaccinations — Use this web feature as a link in your promotional platforms to encourage routine childhood vaccinations.
- Healthy Living with Diabetes: The Simple Step You May Be Missing — A digital article about how vaccines can help people with diabetes.
- Help Kids Return to School - Get Caught Up on Recommended Vaccines — A call to action providing strategies that can help encourage families to stay up to date with their vaccines (for healthcare providers).
- Catch Up on Checkups and Routine Vaccines — An infographic highlighting the importance of getting children caught up on well-child visits and routine childhood vaccinations (for patients).
- Making Effective Vaccine Recommendation Videos #HowIRecommend—This series of videos explain the importance of vaccinations, how to effectively address questions from parents about vaccine safety and effectiveness, and the importance of routinely recommending same day vaccination to patients.
For more information or to request
contact the San Diego Immunization Unit via e-mail or call us at (866) 358-2966.