Gillespie Field Noise Abatement Program
Safety Issues: Reports on the following safety issues must be made to the Federal Aviation Administration Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) at (858) 502-9882:
- Low-flying aircraft
- Accident reporting
- Air carrier certification and operations
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft operational issues
- Aircraft permits
- Airmen certification
- Certification and modification issues
- Enforcement of Airmen & Aircraft Regulations
Aircraft noise, especially around airports is not only a local issue; across the world, aircraft noise is of concern to many who experience it. Gillespie Field’s Voluntary Noise Abatement Program was established to try and assist those who use the airport and those who live near it to understand more of this issue.
The Voluntary Noise Abatement Program is not able to stop aircraft from flying or making noise, nor can it remove houses. What we do hope to achieve is a better understanding of the issues involved in the hope that it will ease some of the frustrations surrounding such concerns.
Gillespie Field’s Voluntary Noise Abatement Program is run by the County of San Diego, Department of Public Works Airports Division. This group runs the airport, but does not control the aircraft or the airspace around the airport. However, as public employees we try and do what we can to educate all involved and act as a clearing house for questions and concerns.
- Discourage 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. touch-and-go operations
- Discourage 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. jet operations
- Encourage training operations at other airports
- Encourage touch-and-go operations on Runway 27R when able
- Runway 17 preferred noise abatement departure when tower closed