Mental Health Services Act (MHSA)
The Technological Needs project is part of the Capital Facilities and
Technological Needs (CFTN) component. Funding from this component will
produce long term impacts. The benefits and goals will move the mental
health system towards wellness, recovery, resiliency, cultural
competence, prevention and early intervention. CFTN will expand the
opportunities for accessible community based services for clients and
their families, promoting the reduction in disparities in underserved
groups. CFTN is one component with one allocation but is treated as
two projects for planning purposes. Through the community planning
process of the component proposal, the funds are allocated for the
sub-components as follows:
The CFTN Component Proposal may be viewed by clicking on the Documents link on the left side of this page.
The Technological Needs Project demonstrates the ability to serve and support the MHSA objectives through cost effective and efficient improvements to data processing and communications. These objectives allow for an overall transformation of processes that will require a phased approach of technology enhancements. All Technological Needs projects are developed within the context of two goals:
- Increase Client and Family Empowerment and engagement by providing the tools for secure client and family access to health information that is culturally and linguistically competent within a wide variety of public and private settings.
- Modernize and Transform clinical and administrative information systems to ensure quality of care, parity, operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
You may view the yearly status of the Capital Facilities Plan on the “Documents” page, at left, in the Appendices of Updates and Three-Year Plans.
Initial Component Plan
Project Proposal – Management Information System (MIS) (April 2010)
Results from San Diego Consumer Technology Surveys and Forums
Mental Health Services Act - Additional Information
- Community Program Planning (CPP)
- Community Services & Supports (CSS)
- Prevention & Early Intervention (PEI)
- Workforce Education and Training (WET)
- Capital Facilities (CF)
- Technological Needs (TN)
- Innovation (INN)
- Supported Employment
- Resource Links
- MHSA Annual Revenue and Expense Report