SD Food Info
Under state law, major violations associated with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention risk factors require immediate corrective action, a suitable alternative, or the closure of the impacted areas of the food facility until compliance is achieved.
POTABLE HOT & COLD WATER AVAILABLE
Examples of major violations include hot or cold water not available at warewashing sink in the food facility, lack of water, or a contaminated/unapproved water supply.
- An adequate, protected, pressurized, potable supply of hot water and cold water shall be provided at all times [§113953(c), §114099.2(b), §114101(a), §114189, §114192, §114192.1, §114195]
- The water supply must be from an approved water system [§114189, §114192(a)]
- An adequate, protected, pressurized, potable supply of hot and cold water must be provided [§114192(a) and §114192.1]
- Warm water (100°F) must be provided at the handwashing sink [§113953(c)]
- Hot water must be provided at the food preparation and janitorial sinks [§114163(a) and §114192]
- Potable water shall be available for filling the water tanks of each mobile food facility and mobile support unit that requires potable water. Faucets and other potable water sources shall be constructed, located and maintained so as to minimize the possibility of contaminating the water being loaded. Hot and cold water for cleaning [§114326(c-d)]